.Chapitre Vingt.

It was D-Day, not literally but that's what it felt like to me anyway. Who would have thought I'd be here in Ms. Ada's office waiting for the okay for my early parole hearing?

I sure as hell didn't! In some twisted reality, I thought I would always be in prison so meeting with the D.A. was nerve wracking.

My palms where sweaty and my mind was racing. What if she said I didn't deserve to get out despite my recommendations and the progress I've made in therapy?

Just as I was thinging that the door opened and a women walked in and sat down opposite from us.

"I'm Ana Perez," she greeted us simply. I smiled and took in her features. Long brown almost black hair, blue eyes covered by glasses that unlike Ms. Ada's were real.

"I'm Reagan Spencer," I said politely as I held my hand it to her. She shook it and pulled out a stack of papers from her brief case. She arranged them all in different piles in front of her.

"Well Reagan I must say I'm impressed with these recommendation letters," she said as she held up a stack of five letters.

This confused me and Ms. Ada because she gave me a funny look.

"I must say I was surprised when Ethan stopped by my office to drop off these extra letters." my ears perked up at the mention of Ethan's name. Why did he stop by and drop off extra letters? I didn't ask him to write the letters.

"I only asked Cole to write a letter, I don't understand." I told her confused. She chuckled a bit and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it these recommendations were eye opening, plus that Ethan wasn't bad to look at," she said with a wink ands chuckle.

I smiled and faked a chuckle as I balled up my fists. Hearing this pretty older women talk about Ethan made me extremely jealous, especially since she wasn't in prison and because she didn't have any issues.

"Let's start with the letter from Ms. Ada, shall we?" Ms. Ada and I nooded our heads in sync. "This letter states that you've made quite a big turn around in your therapy."

"She has, she talks now, which is a big improvement from months ago. It used to be impossible to get her to even say hi!" Ms. Ada praised me. I didn't see how talking to someone could count as grounds for early release but if they thought it was good, I'd take it.

"Well," she said with a smile. "Moving on then, the next letter here is from Cole Matthews, he's one of the guards right?" I just nodded my head in answer, I didn't want to say something and then ruin my chances of getting out. "Basically, this letter summarizes how much you've matured and grown up in these past months. You don't get in fights, all that good stuff." she shuffled Cole's letter in the same pile Ms. Ada's went into.

"Next in the pile, the wardens letter." oh no, this was the letter I was dreading. Warden Taylor's letter was probably the mot important since he ran this whole prison.

"His letter was a bit aggressive, but it still impressed me. One link stuck out the most, give me a moment to find it here," she pushed her glasses up her nose and scanned the letter. "Okay, here it is, 'Reagan Spencer is what I'd call a pain in the ass, but lately she made a complete 180 in her attitude and turned it around. I don't think it was possible'. It seems you've made an impact on him." she told me with a smile.

I couldn't help but smile slyly at that comment. My attitude may have improved but it still felt good to be bad. It was exhilarating.

"Glad to see the warden thinks highly of me," I said to Ms. Perez. Ms. Ada shot me a 'be quiet' look and I just mouthed a confused 'what' to her. She shook her head and rubbed her forehead slyly.