.Chapitre Trente-Cinq.

I didn't want to look at the clock. As a matter of fact Marisa wasn't even allowed to tell me what time it was. 

We were both getting ready in her room since she had this massive vanity. Marisa was skilled in the whole makeup and hair aspect of things while I, well, I wasn't.

The only thing I knew how to do was cover up cuts and bruises.  I still remember the look Marisa gave me when I told her that.

It was full of pity and sadness. I despised those looks. I got them enough from my therapist, and from Dale the night at the club. 

Cole knew me well enough to know I hated to be thought of as weak. That was one of the things that made Ethan that much more desirable to me.

When I told him about my 'Mother' and Step-father, especially my Step-father, he didn't look down on me or think of me as weak and I loved it.

I smiled as I looked down at my hands. 

"Thinking about lover boy?" Marisa asked teasingly. I lightly smacked her arm and crossed my arms across my chest.

"No." I lied stuburnly. She just nodded her head and smiled.

"Right.." she said, dragging out the word. She finally said it was time to look in the mirror and I sighed relieved. 

My hair was tied back in a loose yet elegant bun with a few pieces of hair left out to frame my face. Those pieces were skillfully curled toward my face. My makeup was done lightly, the way I liked it. 

It was some smokey blue gray color that reminded me of Ethan's eyes. It matched my dress perfectly.

I don't know how Marisa did it but, I looked beautiful. 

The dress was a gray color with a blue sash going underneath my breasts.

The reason this dress was chosen was because it was tight on the top and loose and flowey on the bottom. Marisa's dress was little, black, and left little to the imagination. Almost the complete opposite of mine. 

The part of this night I wasn't looking forward to, besides the dinner with his parents, was wearing heels. 

Mine were black and the heel was huge! You would think I've learned my lesson of having Marisa pick out my shoes by now but the fight really just wasn't worth it. 

Especially since I lost every single time.

We began walking down stairs and my heart started beating a mile a minute in my chest.

When I reached the bottom my eyes scaned the landing for Ethan but all I saw were his parents. Not seeing him there waiting for me instantly put a frown on my face and then I got mad.

He knows how uncomfortable his parents make me so why leave me alone with them? This was probably some stupid plot to get me to know his parents better.

I wasn't buying it though, I didn't care if it was his parents anniversary but it was also our four month anniversary the least he could do was be on time to dinner!

Marisa must have sensed my annoyance because she pointed around a corner and I saw a pile of peony petals on the floor. 

Cautiously I looked over to Ethan's parents, his dad smiled brightly at me while his mother stood there with an aloof expression on her face.

Marisa pointed toward them again and motioned for me to walk to them.

Huh, guess it was some clue for me. Silently I walked down the long hall, the only sound was my heels clacking on the expensive wood floors.