*Chapter 3*

Nora slams on the breaks in front of one of the sea food restaurants her parents own, making me and Iris jolt forward towards the front seats, Most the time we let Bailey drive for our safety and well sanity. She parks and turns off the engine. This restaurant sits right in front of the beach along with numerous shops and bars. I get out of the car sand crunching on the parking lot as I step out. I look up the wooden surfboard hanging above the front of the doors engraved with the restaurant's name "The Salty Dolphin". This specific restaurant is the one me and Nora used to hangout in whenever we visited and just to annoy her parents whenever they were working. We walked up the front stairs entering the restaurant. The smell of sea food entering my nose as Me and Nora step up to the hostess stand.

"Hey Jenna, how are you?" Nora asks with a toothy smile.

"Oh, I'm good, thanks for asking." She says waving to the rest of us.

"Could you tell my parents that-" Nora asks Jenna before getting cut off.

"Nora!" Out of the corner of my eyes I see Heather Asher come through the kitchen doors two trays under her tan arms, pencil behind her ear and her graying brown hair up in a messy bun.

"Hi Mom" Nora says with a loving tone hugging her mom, as Heather begins greeting the rest of us.

"How was drive girls? Do you guys want anything to drink?" Heathers looks around the group "Wait where's your brother?" she asks, facing Nora, one of her thin eyebrows raising.

"He didn't want to come, but he said he would talk to you guys later" I answer her question.

"I swear" she says with a sigh "Her let me sit you guys down I bet you guys are hunger" she says walking towards a table outside giving us the perfect view of the blue ocean and white sand.

"Thanks mom, where's dad?" Nora asks, peering at the bar in search of her dad.

"Oh, he'll be back soon he went out to the shrimp shack to grab some more before rush happens" she says. She takes out her note pad asking us what we would like to eat. After we gave her our orders, I spotted Jenna out of the corner of my eye. We may not be locals, but we know most of the people and places in Sunrise Cove, it's a perk after spending most of our childhood and holidays here.

"Psst, Jenna" I say as she walks past us having to walk backwards a little bit to reach us.

"Hey guys, what's up?" she asks taking her hair tie off her wrist and putting her curly blonde hair up into a messy bun.

"Do you know do you know about anything happening tonight, like you know party wise?" Bailey asks.

"Well, there is a small party going on Cora's Island tonight, I would go but I have to work until closing." She answers Bailey's question. Cora's Island is a small island in the middle of the coastal waterway which you must go to by boat, that's also where most of the parties were over spring break too.

"That's perfect, thanks." Iris says with a grin spreading across her face. Iris is probably actually, is the one out of the whole friend group that likes parting, well most right next to Jeremy.

After Jenna walks away, Heather comes out and brings us our food, God I'm starving. After we get done eating, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I wiped my hands on my napkin before seeing the text Corbin left in the group chat.

Hoes and bros

Corbin: Did you guys figure out what we're doing tonight?

Iris: We talked to Jenna, and they said there's a party on Cora's Island

Liam: I need to get gas for the boat.

Devils spawn: I'll go.

Jeremy: I'm going too.

We finish eating and say bye to heather and head back home, we pull into the driveway noticing that Liam's car is gone. I walk into the house kicking off my shoes and see Corbin laying on the couch watching 'Keeping up with the Kardashian'. Corbin grew up with all sisters which oddly makes him understand on a different level, he always has the best boy advice and is amazing at braiding hair. Corbin's the boy I'm closest to right next to Liam.

"Hey Corbin." I say sighing as I jump on the couch next to him.

"Hey Liam, Isaac and Jeremy went to go get gas like 30 minutes ago, they should be back soon" he says laying his head on my shoulder.

Me and Corbin start talking about what swimsuit were wearing, before we hear Liams car door shut. He comes in the front door with Isaac and Jeremy, and they go through the side, and they go out back to fill the boat with gas.

'You're wearing that Purple one I put in your suitcase." Iris says eyeing me.

"But-" I say getting cut off.

"You're wearing it babes no discussion, its cute." Bailey says. The episode ends and Jeremy comes back to the house with Liam and Isaac.

"Yo hoes we gotta go soon" Jeremy says.

"Out of anyone in the group we are the least hoes in the group." Iris says eyeing the 3 of them.

.I go down the hallway to my room and take out the purple swimsuit Iris put in my bag. I mean it's not that bad, and it's cute. "Last summer, remember?" Iris words from early ring in my head. I put on the swimsuit and jean shorts then put my shoes back on walking out of my room. I look the room next mine seeing that Isaac bags are outside the doors, not Liam's. Wait, did he switch rooms? Staring at the door I see it open and Issacs steps out staring down at his phone.

"Did you switch rooms with Liam?" I asked arching one of my eye's brows.

"Yeah." he says bluntly looking up from his phone.

"Why?" I ask and he looks at me up and down his gaze lingering on my body and his jaw begins to tick, wait did he just look me up and down? I feel a flush of heat and awareness rise on my neck.

"Change" he says with a harsh tone in his voice, what the fuck.

"I'm sorry what did you just say?" I say sharply my jaw dropping.

"I said change" he says clearing his throat "Your uh, brother is going not going to allow you to wear that." Right, Liam.

"First off, no and second off Liam can learn to stop being an overprotective brother and let me make my own decisions" I say as I cross my arms against my chest.

"I can see why he does it" he mummer his gaze dropping back to his phone.

"I'm sorry what was that, devils spawn?" I say as he gives me a side eye, ignoring my question and starts to walk down the hallway.