*Chapter 26*

A sharp squeal comes from Iris from the bottom of the stairs as she flings herself at her brother in a hug so powerful it almost knocks him to the ground.

"God don't kill him." Nora says from beside me sitting at the bar her mouth full of cereal.

"Oh my god, how the fuck did you get here?" Iris says and she pulls away and grabs both of him arms like Christian isn't standing in front of her and she must make sure he is. She hugs him again and he hold on his sister for the first time in 3 years.

"Aw that's adorable" Bailey says, the knife apple in her hand resting there as she looks up at them.

"If you squeeze me any harder, you'll break my spine" Christian tries to say but if come out more breathless than anything.

"Shit sorry" Iris pulls away and wipes at her eyes.

"Holy shit are you crying?" Corbin says from the couch.

"Of course I'm crying" Nora says from beside me.

"Not you, Nors" Corbin says

"Of course, I'm crying" Iris says and inspects her brother and hugs him again "How did you get here?"

"Your boyfriend told me someone missed my presence."

Her jaw drops "you're telling me, Jeremy Huang did this?"

"Is it so hard to believe?" Jeremy says coming down the stairs.

"Yes" Christian laughs "I got in last night but I didn't want to wake you up so I waited till morning, Isaac and the lamp beater let me in." Iris eyebrows crease

"Lamp beater? Who-" she says confused before I interrupted and mentally curse myself for how long they are going to hold this over my head.

"I hit him with a lamp" I admit "In my defense I thought he was some crackhead trying to break in, so I picked up a lamp and uh you know hit him in the nose with it." I wince as Corbin buts out laughing.

"Oh my..." He bursts out laughing again "You, Okay so you thought someone was breaking in so you grabbed a lamp."

Bailey laughs and Iris looks at the bruise on her brothers face and winces "You guys would have done the same thing if you thought someone was breaking in, and Jere never told me he was coming, Sorry again." I say towards Christian, and he laughs.

"Its fine trust me, nothing a little ice can't fix."

"Did I miss it?" Isaac come into the kitchen from the hallway from his room, not mine because well that situation still needs to be taken care of so for now he's been sneaking out until we tell them.

"Miss what part? The part where we found out Summer beat Christan up with a lamp or the part where Iris saw her brother for the first time?" Jeremey says moving from the bottom of the stairs to the where Christian stands and he introduces himself.

"Ha! He told you guys about that?" Isaac reaches over to get the blender from the counter.

"Ugh stop, I feel horrible." I rub my face with my hands and look up and wonder where my brother is. "is Liam still sleeping?"

"Nope, went to go surf at like fucking 4 am, he woke me up and asked me if I wanted to go." Nora says from besides be.

We sit outside the late July sun beating down on out skin like hot flames, Iris and Christian went out for lunch to catch up and do sibling things.

"Okay, I want to throw Iris a party for her birthday, but I need your guys help, I already got Issac to say he would help last night, I put him on getting the word out."

"Yup" he leans his arm against his chair, and I get distracted by the veins in arms and his toned forearms, God I just want to-

"Summer?" Nora waves her hand in front of my face and I snap out of my own thoughts

"Sorry yeah?"

She gives me a questing look, like keep your eyes off my brother kind of look "I said can you text Jenna to get us drinks?"

"Oh yeah, I text her right now." I picked up my phone and started texting her about how much money all the drinks would cost. And I see a notification pop up on my screen from Issac, I look forward at him and I crease my eyebrows and him before clicking on the text.

Devils spawn

I saw you staring.

In your dreams

Oh, my dreams are very much reality. I bet you were thinking about my arms wrapped around your neck as I-

I slam my phone down and clench my jaw and feel heat creep up my neck as I look up at the menace who has a wild grin on his face. I look at him then to Nora next to me and look back him and raise my eyebrows at him.

"What wrong did she say no?" Liam asks me.

"Oh right, Jenna." I pick up my phone again and text her, like I was supposed to.

A couple minutes later I get a text back asking if we want a couple kegs and I look up "You guys think we need kegs?'

'With the amount of people who adore Iris? yeah probably, and a couple not just one." Liam says.

"I was waiting for us to throw a party." Liams says.

"You realize you could have just thrown one the whole summer?" Jeremy says.

"Well yeah but now I have a good excuse for getting shitfaced, to celebrate the life of Iris Thornton." He smiles at Jeremy, and he shakes his head.