*Chapter 12 *

"Get up" Corbin opens my curtain letting in the sunlight from my curtains and burning my corneas off.

"Ugh, close it!" I hide my face in the pillow and me jumps to lay down on my bed next to me.

"Nope, you need to get up. Remember when Nora told us about how her parents were throwing the summer solstice party, ball thing whatever you want to call it, this year." Ah, the summer solstice party, it's where all the rich people of the island go to some fancy location to get drunk and drown in their money. Well Mrs. Asher sent out a text to all of us saying we were invited yesterday, and to look nice.

"Yes, what about it" I open my eyes slowly looking over at Corbin and sit up in my bed and rub one of my eyes and try to tame down my messy hair.

"Okay well its tonight and we need to go get a tux for me and a dress for you, I already looked through your closet, and you don't have any formal ones so get up.

"Why can't I just wear one of baileys?"

"Do you want to wear a bright purple dress with bright yellow belt attached to it?" He arches one eyebrow. I love bailey but her unique fashion sense is not for the weak. Her wardrobe is full of bright colors and patterns, they look adorable on her but on me, yea no thank you.

"Okay fine, let me fix this." I say my hand around at my face. I look like a rat that just crawled out of a sewer anytime I wake up. I get up and go to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

"Did Jeremy bring home a girl last night? There was um, noises." Corbin asks still laying on my bed watching me. I Pause Iris and Jeremy. After I found out about them 4 days ago me and Isaac have both picked up on them, especially when we went to the beach yesterday and they were talking to only each other the whole time.

"I don't know I didn't hear anything but if he did it was probably a random hookup from the party." Im not going to be a prude and tell everyone about Iris and Jeremy, but it also sucks that I can't tell Corbin, I hate keeping secrets and especially from him.

"Your bike is in the garage by the way, when I got home you were passed out in your bed, also when were you gonna tell me that Isaac fought a guy last night?"

"Oh yeah, about that. Some guy tried putting something in my drink when I was talking to him, and I guess Isaac saw and just punched the guy and it escalated till Liam and Jeremy came up and stopped him."

"What? Oh my god If I was there, I would have joined with Isaac."

"Yea, If Isaac wasn't there, I don't even want to know what would happen." My stomach turns at the mention of what would happen if he didn't. I heard from Bailey last night that the person who threw the party talked to the cops, well because he was in trouble, but he also told them about Logan trying to spike my drink.

"Okay well ill be in the car, hurry up."

I open the passenger side of Liam's jeep that he shares with Corbin for the summer, I get in the car and Buckle my seat belt. We start pulling out of the driveway before a Knock comes on Corbin's window. He rolls down the window and Isaac leans in the window.

"Im coming, I need a tux and I don't feel like going later." He hops in the back seat without Corbin answering and buckles in. I look over at Corbin and look back at Isaac.

"You don't have a tux at your parent house or something they live like 20 minutes away?" I ask. His parents have 2 houses here, they have the one they just moved into down here after Isaac and Noras graduation, and the sand dollar which was just a beach house they had. They decided to keep the sand Dollar to let people rent it out during the school year for extra cash. There mom moved into there house early to help with the restaurants while Isaac, Nora and their dad stayed back at home after graduation to help with finalizing the sale of the house they had back at home. Once they sold their dad moved into there house and all 8 of us came down here to stay in the Sand dollar for the summer.