*Chapter 14*

I get out of the shower, dry off my body and wrap the towel around my body. I go to grab my face and wash and see its not there, Damn you, Iris. I walk out of my room, everyone in the kitchen cooking. We decided that we would all have a big dinner, and we would all have to cook something to eat and then after we eat, we would watch a movie. Me and Nora came up with the idea from our parents Idea. My mom, dad and Mrs. Asher and Mr. Asher would cook a big dinner one day in the summer and we would eat it and then watch a movie together after. So, in nostalgic fashion were doing it again once I told my mom we were carrying on the tradition and she was so jealous that she couldn't be here with us, so she told me to send her photos. I open my door with one hand and one holding my towel up and walk down the hall to Iris room to steal my face wash back. Once Im changed, I come out and go to the kitchen and the smell of food comes into my nose with the speaker playing The Spins by Mac Miller.

"It smells good." I finish putting my still wet hair into a braid and secure it.

"Of course, it does, I did most of the cooking that's why." Jeremy says carrying a hot pan towards the dining table.

"Jeremy, you don't know how to cook for your life, and you cooked 2 things." Iris says cutting up tomatoes for the burgers.

"Says the one who bought the hamburger buns and called it contributing to the dinner." Jeremy says and Him and Iris start bickering.

"Mom and dad are bickering again" I mumble sitting on the counter next to Isaac who's cooking on the stove.

"Where's Liam?" I say.

"Hes cooking the hamburger on the grill out back" Isaac says mixing in the pot.

"What are you making?" I look over the pot he's mixing.

"Baked Mac and cheese."

I gasp "I love Baked mac and cheese."

"I make the best." He says shrugging.

"Liar!" I hear Bailey shout from upstairs "I do stop trying to boost your own ego!" She shouts again. I chuckle and look out the patio doors and see Liam, Nora and Corbin cooking together. I look around at my friends and smile. If I didn't have them, I don't know how I would be alive right now. And I remember that Isaac went to go see Amber today. Talking with Isaac has been getting more natural and is easy compared to a lot of people.

"Wait how did it go with Amber?"

"It was good, we talked, and she said" He clears his throat "She said she wants me back."

I raise my eyebrows. "What did you say?"

"I said that I might need more time, she's different I don't know how to explain it." He says and I nod. "But there is a Birthday party for Jenna on Friday and she's going, do you want to come?"

"I'll go don't worry your face off pretty boy." I say hopping off the counter.

"You think im pretty?" He grabs my arm and leans down to say to me.

"No, now shoo." I waved him off and helped Jeremy set the table.

After eating the food outside on the patio, Im doing the dishes with Nora while Everyone else helps set up for the movie.

"I got face masks we can do." She says smiling.

"Have I ever told you that I love you, because I do." I lean over to say to her.

"Did you get me one, my beautiful skin needs a break." Jeremy says, putting a bowl of popcorn in front of him and Liam.

Nora rolls her eyes "You are such a girl sometimes." I finish the dishes and walk over to the couch where I plop next down to Isaac stealing his Blanket and some of his popcorn. He tries to steal the blanket back but not before I do, and I turn to him, and smile and he glares at me. The movie starts and Bailey sits down next to me and we start watching the movie. I stir on a hard surface with the faint sound of people chattering in the back, I snuggle deeper into the warmth and the arm on my back keeping me in place. I feel the hand stroke my back and brush a strand of hair out of my face. I wrap my hand around a neck and put my face into the crook of it. Hold on, what? I open my eyes and jolt my head up; oh god kill me. I feel my ears heat when I see Isaac staring at me.

"What the hell?" I whisper yell making sure not to wake up Bailey, Nora and Corbin who are still on the couch sleeping.

He puts to arms up "You were the one who was all over me."

"No, I fell asleep." I wave my hands around at him on the couch laying down.

"On me." He says.

I cluck my tongue and shake my head, I grab my phone off the coffee table in front of me and check the time, 6:12 AM. I check my messages and see one from my dad and I stand in the middle of the living room typing a reply. Isaac gets up off the couch and goes to the kitchen grabbing Liam's car keys from the bowl.

I raise my head from my phone "Where are you going?" I ask my brows drawing in together.

"Going to get breakfast, are you coming?"

"No" Right then my stomach has the nerve to growl, I sigh "Ugh fine". I grab the blanket off the couch that was on me and Isaac and wrap it around me, I walk to the front door and grab my purse from the front table along with my shoes.