Chapter 1

(Devon's POV)

I look at myself in the mirror and take in my reflection. I have long black hair with blue streaks in it. My eyes are an ocean blue color. I'm wearing black skinny jeans, black combat boots, a black V-neck and my signature leather jacket.

I'm in a band called Proposal Till Twelve with my three other best friends. Skylar, the guitarist, is 19. She has brown hair and dark brown eyes. Leon, the drummer, is also 19. He has black hair that swoops over his green eyes. Last but not least, Ryan. Ryan is the oldest out of all of us, he's 20. He has brown hair and blue eyes.

"C'mon Devon! We're doing a Q&A!" Ryan shouts from downstairs. I sigh and run a hand through my hair. I'm the quietest out of all of us, but I sing. I don't goof around a lot unless I want too and I'm comfortable around you. Yes, I'm the youngest, but I swear I'm the most mature.

I walk downstairs and into our living room where the camera is. Skylar and Leon are arguing over something while Ryan fixes the camera. Skylar is probably the goofiest out of all of us. She plays pranks on people and is the loudest. Leon can be goofy, but he can also be mature when he wants to be. Ryan is just like Leon, except he is more mature.

I'm a lesbian. I came out to my family when I was 16. They kicked me out and told me to live on my own. I wandered the streets until Skylar found me and we became best friends, her parents took me in. Skylar was already best friends with Leon and Ryan at the time.

Skylar is straight. Leon is bi-sexual and Ryan is also straight. Our fans know about our sexuality and they support us, well, at least some of them do.

I sit next to Skylar in the middle. I lean back against the couch and cross my legs. I'm not much of a people type, but I make an exception for my fans. I really do love them, even though it may not seem like it. 

I wasn't always closed off. I use to be goofy and fun, until I got left on the streets. I have tried to go back to my normal self, I just can't. 

"Hey guys! It's Ryan here, we're going to be doing a Q&A!" Ryan announces to the camera. I stay leaned back, knowing they'll read the questions.

"Aren't you going to read the questions?" Skylar asks me as she looks at me. I look at her.

"What's the point if you're going to read them aloud?" I ask her with a slight chuckle. Skylar makes an 'o' shape with her mouth and turns back to the questions.

"DevonSlays23 asks; Unicorns or Sparkly Zombies?" Leon reads. I smile at the question.

"Unicorns!" Skylar shouts.

"Sparkly Zombies, I mean. Who wouldn't pick that?" Leon answers.

"I'd have to pick the Unicorns." Ryan says. They all turn to me for an answer.

"Totally Unicorns." I answer. 

"This one is for Devon. ProTill12 asks; What do you look for in a woman?" Ryan asks. I sit up straighter as all eyes are on me. The comments go dead and wait for my answer.

"Well," I clear my throat. "I look for someone who will love me for me, and only me. Not the fame, or the money. I want that girl to be my best friend, the one I can trust and tell anything to her. The one who will walk around the world for me. That person will bring light into me and hope into my eyes, helping me look at the world in a different perspective."

The comments start blowing up on how I slay. I ignore them and lean back in the seat. I don't like the attention on me, but that's what happens when you become famous. People strive for your attention.

We go through about five more questions before logging off. We all say our goodbyes and turn it off.

"Well, that was deep, Devon." Ryan says. I shrug and nod.

"I'm hungry." Skylar comments.

"Me too! Let's go out!" Leon suggests. I stand up and grab my sun glasses. I put them on and grab a black beanie. Hey, you have to hide from fans if you want to eat in peace. Ryan grabs the car keys and we all head out.

~~~

We sit down at the booth without anyone recognizing us so far. It's not like we hate our fans, it's just we'd like some privacy once in awhile.

And that's kinda hard with paparazzi looking for a story to twist around. One time, a pap caught Skylar and I hugging and made a rumor about us dating, which we both declined. Yes, fans ship Skylar and I together, but it'll never happen. Our ship name is Sevon or something. I don't know. They also ship Ryan and Leon together, and again, it'll never happen.

"Hello! My name is Cody, how may I help yo-oh my god. You're Proposal Till Twelve!" Cody, our waiter exclaims.

"Shh! We don't want people knowing. But yes, would you like an autograph?" Skylar offers. Cody shakes his head up and down rapidly. He gets a piece of paper out and hands it to us. I sign it and hand it back to him. We quickly take a picture and order our food.

"I have to use the restroom, give me a moment." I say and get up. I walk to the restroom and quickly use it. I wash my hands and walk to the door, only to get hit by it. My glasses fall off, along with my beanie.

"Ouch! What the fuck!" I hiss and hold my nose. I look up and see a girl about my age. She has brown hair a brown eyes.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The girl says. 

"Just watch where you're going." I mummer. Hopefully this girl isn't a fan or anything.

"Wait, aren't you Devon from Proposal Till Twelve?" She asks. Guess I spoke to soon. I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"Yes, would you like a autograph or something?" I ask, clearly annoyed. I pick up my stuff and walk over to the mirror. I look at my nose and it looks perfectly fine. 

"Uh-wow. I thought you'd be much nicer, guess I thought wrong." The girl mumbles. I roll my eyes and turn to her.

"What's your name?" I ask, ignoring her comment from before. I'm use to people saying those things.

"It's uh Alex." Alex says. I take a marker from my leather jacket pocket and grab her hand, sending warmth through me.

"Alright, Alex. Don't tell anyone we're here." I demand and flip her hand over on her palm. I write my name. 

"Okay.." Alex trails off.

"Give me your phone." I say. Alex raises an eyebrow and hands me her phone. I quickly take a few photo's. I hand her her phone back just as the door opens.

"Alex! Wha-oh my god." The other girl says as she spots me. Fucckk, not another one. "You're Devon! Oh my god!" She squeals. The door bursts open and Skylar comes in.

"What the hell is taking you so long?" Skylar asks. She sighs once she sees the fans. The two girls squeal as they see Skylar.

"Good luck with them." I mumble as I walk past Skylar out of the door.