Chapter 10

(Devon's POV)

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" Sarah shouts at me as she walks through the door into my room.

"I was pissed off, Sarah." I calmly say. Everyone else, including Alex and Ivy, are downstairs.

"That isn't an excuse to punch a damn Paparazzi!" Sarah exclaims. She takes a seat on my couch.

"I know! I lost my temper. Okay? I'm sorry. How much is the fine?" I ask her. I sit next to her.

"His medical bills are 6.5k." Sarah informs me.

"I have that! Easy, bam done. I'll even apologize on a video!" I offer.

"Okay." Sarah nods. She stands up and begins to walk out of the room. I follow behind her, shutting the door behind me. We walk downstairs and all eyes are on us. I stuff my hands in my pockets and lean against the wall, letting Sarah explain.

"Everything is settle. Devon will be paying the medical bills with her own money. She will also apologize on a video, by herself." Sarah informs them.

"How much is the medical bill?" Ryan asks.

"6.5k." Sarah tells Ryan. Ryan nods. Sarah grabs her things and walks out of the door. We all bid our byes. I pull my hands out of my pocket. I move the strands of hair in my face behind my ear as I look at everyone.

I pull out my phone and walk into the kitchen. I lean it up against the wall so it's facing me. I press the record button and sigh.

"Uhm, hi. It's me, Devon here. I want to apologize for my outburst the other day. It was extremely out of line for me. I will be paying for his medical bill. Just, I hope my fans can forgive me, along with everyone else and we can move on. Uh, yeah. So bye!" I end the video and take my phone. I slam my head down on the counter.

"Ow ow ow! Fuck! That hurt!" I hiss in pain. I hold my forehead and apply pressure to it. I groan as I take my phone. I upload it to Twitter and YouTube. All I have to do next is pay for the medical bill.

Do I feel bad for punching the guy? Hell no. He had it coming to him. But I need to look good to my fans and management. Plus Sarah is beyond pissed off at me. When Sarah is angry she turns into the god damn hulk. Except she isn't green nor bulky. She's like a Barbie doll on steroids. A lot of steroids.

I swing myself off of the stool and stand up. I walk back into the living room and flop on the couch next to Alex and Skylar.

"Did you do the video yet?" Skylar asks me.

"Yeah, it should be on YouTube and Twitter by now." I answer. Skylar nods, along with Alex.

"I'm gonna go annoy Leon." Skylar says and gets up, leaving Alex and I. Skylar walks upstairs. We sit in silence. I glance at her and see her staring off into space.

"You know that song you wrote," Alex starts. "What was it about?"

"About anybody's past. They lived in a dark place, they said screw it and left. They prayed for someone to come around and help wash the pain away so they can live a happy life. They want to forget the pain, the heartbreak and the hurt." I respond. I don't know how I got those lyrics, they just came to me. I gaze at the ground and my eyes widen. It then dawned on me. I wrote that song about her past.

"Devon? You there?" Alex snaps her fingers in my face.

"Huh-oh yeah." I snap out of my trance. I look over at Alex and lock eyes with her.

"Who is the song about?" Alex asks me, curious on who. A slight smile forms on my face. She's so damn oblivious.  I sigh and shake my head. I stand up and smile at her one more time before walking upstairs. I go into the game room where Skylar and Leon are.

I sit down on the red beanbag on the floor. I run my hand down my face, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What's wrong, Dev?" Skylar asks as she plays Call Of Duty.

"You know that song I wrote? I just realized who it's about." I mumble. Skylar pauses the game, making Leon groan. They both turn and look at me.

"Who is it about?" Leon asks me with sudden interest.

"Alex." I mummer. Skylar throws her controller in the air and cheers.

~~~

I hear crying and sniffling. I wait a minuet and hear it again. I sigh and turn over in my bed. I look at the time and glance at it. '4:52 AM'.

I get out of my bed and walk to my door. I open it and walk out, closing the door quietly behind me. I walk on the wooden floor careful not to make a sound. I walk to the balcony and see a figure leaning over it. I squint my eyes and see it's Alex crying.

I walk up next to her and lean against the railing. Alex looks at me with red eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I softly ask. Alex looks down and sniffles again. I lift her chin up so she's looking at me in the eyes. I wipe her tears away with my thumb.

"Why are you crying?" I ask her again.

"I-I just h-had a f-flashback." Alex mumbles. She doesn't need to explain anymore. I get it. I take her hand and sit down on the chair. I pull her next to me as she continues to cry. I wrap my arm around her shoulder, letting her cry into my shirt. She snuggles up to me and clenches my t-shirt. She lets out another sob. I rub her back, trying to calm her down. The sobbing stops but she's still crying. I play with her hair, making her eyes flutter.

"Go to sleep, I'll still be here when you wake up. I promise." I whisper.