Chapter 37

(Devon's POV)

Alex said she was taking me to the movies. It's nothing big, but I really do appreciate it. Plus, I really love hanging out with her. She attracts to me, a lot. We look like opposites, but yet we're not. We both have bad pasts, the same type of friends-eh who am I kidding, we're not that alike. But I still love her with all of my heart.

I look at myself in the mirror before walking out of the restroom. I have on ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, my demi vest and white converses. I run a brush through my hair one more time. As I walk out of the restroom, I pop a mint in my mouth.

Hey, my breath needs to smell good!

"She's outside waiting for you." Skylar informs me, patting me on the back. I nod and smile at her. I take a deep breath before walking out of the tour bus.

My breath hitches as I look at Alex. She's wearing shorts that show off her tanned long legs, a red crop top, showing off her abs, red converses and a red snap back. Her hair is curled at the bottom.

"H-hey. You uh, you look-perfect." I blurt out. Holy shit, when do I stutter? What the fuck is this..I mean, I should be comfortable with her already.

"Thanks," She blushes. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I quietly say.

"We're walking to the movies if you don't mind. It's a nice night and everything so I thought we'd walk-unless you don't want to-I mean-" I cut her off.

"Hey, it's fine. I like walking," I smile at her. "You're cute when you ramble."

Alex blushes and starts walking. A small smile tugs on my lips. I catch up with her as we walk. I self-consciously my hand in hers. She smiles and laces our fingers together.

"What movie are we seeing?" I ask her.

"Pitch Perfect 2. Unless you want to see something else, I don't mind-I mean-it is up to you and all-" Again, I cut her off.

"It's fine, it's perfect, actually. You don't need to be nervous, Alex. It's just me." I let out a slight laugh. Truth be told, I'm nervous on the inside.

"That's the thing, Devon," Alex speaks. "You're not just you. You're special-to me. You attract to me for some unknown reason. I don't even know why-but I love you. And I just want this night to be perfect."

"Alex. This night can go horrible for all I care, as long as if I'm with you-I'm perfectly fine, okay? I love you for who you are. And whatever you do I don't care, because you are you, and I love you." I honestly say.

"..Yeah," Alex sighs. "Okay. I'm just nervous."

"I'm nervous too," I softly speak. "I may not look like it, but trust me, on the inside it's like a circus. You're not the only one." I squeeze her hand.

"I just want it to be perfect." She whispers.

"Listen to me," I stop walking and face her. "I will have fun tonight, as long if I'm with you. For all I care, Paparazzi can't even ruin this. We can get mobbed by fans and I'll still have fun, running with you. Stop being nervous and enjoy yourself, okay?"

She nods as we reach the movies. We walk in and pay for our tickets. I tried paying, but Alex insisted to let her pay. After 3 minuets of deciding who pays, we decided that she'll pay for the tickets and I'll pay for the popcorn and drinks.

We got one large popcorn and 2 large cokes. As we turn our tickets in, I notice Paparazzi taking pictures of us. I ignore them and continue walking with Alex. At least when you're at the movies, Paparazzi can't get in without paying. 

Once we enter, no one was here yet. I grin and climb the steps all the way to the top, Alex following behind me. We sit at the top, under the projector so we're right in the middle.

Alex starts eating the popcorn.

"Hey, hey," I stop her. "You gotta wait till the movie starts!" I tease.

"Oh really? Who said that?" She teases back.

"No one said it, it's just there! It's like the rules!" I exclaim.

"Who's gonna stop me?" Alex stuffs a mouthful of popcorn in her mouth.

I gasp and take a handful of popcorn. I throw it at her, causing her to flinch. I laugh as she throws some at me. People start filling in, but that doesn't stop us. I take the whole bucket and pour it on top of her. People notice who we are and start recording.

Alex stops, then smirks. She grabs her cup and opens it, making my eyes widen.

"You wouldn't!" I gasp.

"Oh but I would." She smirks.

"You won't." I challenge.

"I will!" She pours it on me. I shriek at the coldness.

"Ohmygod! Ice went down my bra! HOLY SHITT!" I scream. I hear laughter all through out the room. "Two can play it that way." I grab my soda and pour it on her.

"Mother fucker!" She screams. Flashes of people's phones goes off.

"Ladies, I'm sorry but you have to leave." The manager says, trying to keep his laughter in.

"Okay!" I laugh as people record us. I grab Alex's hand and drag her out. We walk out of the theater laughing and wet.

"T-that was..fun!" Alex laughs out.

"Yeah. We'll be all over the news tomorrow." I say, my laughter going down to giggling.

We talk, joke and hold hands on the way back to the tour bus.

"What happened to you two?" Skylar asks us as we walk in.

"You haven't seen the video?" Alex asks.

Just then, Leon comes into the room. He's holding his phone laughing at what's on it.

"L-Look at this!" Leon shoves the phone into Skylar's face. "You two are too funny!" He points at Alex and I.

We now know that's the video. I roll my eyes and grab Alex's hand.

"You can take a shower first. I'll wait." I tell her. She smiles and nods.

"Can I wear one of your sweatshirts?" She asks, blushing with embarrassment.

"Yeah," I smile. "You don't have to ask. You can always wear something of mine."

~~~

err lordy.

I had fun writing this chapter.

was it good or bad?

thanks for all of the reads by the way.

~Gracie.

:)