Chapter 49

(Devon's POV)

It's been a month since I've last seen Kai. So far, I've released my first album. My number one hit is 'To Build A Home', the one with the piano. I still live alone, and I'm still single. I get drunk every night, either here at home, or at a club. I use girls for sex still, and my life is just a complete mess.

Proposal Till Twelve found a new singer. Her name is Jamie Lynn. She's good..I guess. I mean, she's pretty and all, but to me, they can do better then that. Alex is doing better-at least that's what it looks like. She looks happier and her eyes are lighter.

All my songs have been depressing, though. And it's safe to see that I am depressed.

People think money can buy happiness, huh? Take it from me, it doesn't. I'm loaded with money, and I'm not happy. I rather be poor and happy then rich and miserable. I just need Alex back. I need my family back.

I write in my notebook still. Nothing interesting, just me and my feelings.

I don't know how the band is getting their new songs. I mean, I was the song writer, unless Jamie or anyone else is writing their songs.

I've heard that Skylar has found a girlfriend. Yep, a girlfriend, not a boyfriend. But those can be rumors, you know? There isn't a name or picture, so I believe it's false.

I have an interview, like, right now. I double check what I'm wearing. Black skinny jeans, a black V-neck, my leather jacket and combat boots. Usual attire.

"Welcome Devon Swift!" The interviewer says.

I sigh and walk onto the stage, the crowd cheers. I put on a fake smile and sit down across the interviewer. This is the first interview that I've been on since the band.

"Hi." I smile.

"Hello! Today we'll be asking you some questions," He says. "Firs question; we're getting right to the point here, why did you leave the band?"

I look down, and then back up.

"I don't know," I sigh. "I guess it was just me. I did something wrong I guess. They started to ignore me. Skylar said something, that really hurt my feelings, and that made me loose it. I packed my bags and left."

"Understandable why you left, right guys?" The fans cheers and boos. "Second question; do you miss anyone from the band?"

"Yes, I miss all of them. They were my family, my happiness. And, I miss Alex the most. People say money buys happiness, but truth be told, it doesn't. Living alone is god damn miserable." I say.

"How do you feel about the new singer, Jamie Lynn?" He asks. God damn, why is everything about the fucking band.

"Jamie, Jamie is okay. She's a great singer and all, I just think that she doesn't fit in with that band. But that's my opinion." I shrug.

"That's all the time we have today! Nice talking to you, Devon!" He exclaims.

"You too." I mumble, walking off the stage.

~~~

@JamieLynn: Yeesh, someone's a little jealous, hm? *video of my interview*

Okay, what the hell? I..I have no words.

@DevonSwift: @JamieLynn alright, what the hell? I said you're a great singer and shit. I just think you don't fit in with the band. And if I do recall, I suggested you and other singers to the band. So please, shut the hell up. Thanks :)

That should shut her up. I swear, I hate people that respond to videos like that, I specifically said it was my opinion.

@JamieLynn: @DevonSwift Yeah? And you were a great fit for the band? Why'd you fucking leave then? I know it's not because Skylar said some shit, Skylar's my best friend and wouldn't dare say a thing.

Great, new best friend, Skylar?

@DevonSwift: @JamieLynn I'm not going to argue with an amateur. But if you feel obligated to respond, please do. And @SkylarProposalTillTwelve nice best friend you have there, how about you tell her the truth?

I put my phone away as I walk through town. I think Jamie has lost my respect. I mean, she's a great girl, but seriously? She started this shit. I was just stating my opinion and she had to respond.

And Skylar is now lying, huh? Did she not tell her the truth?

I sigh as I walk into Starbucks. Ah, this is the Starbucks that Alex use to work at. Where we met for the second time. Where I caught her staring at me.

I smile to myself as I reach the counter.

"Hello! How may I help you?" The girl asks. Hm, must not recognize me.

"Hi," I smile. "Just a regular coffee."

"Name?" She asks.

"Devon Swift." I sigh. So what if I use my real name?

"Sounds familiar, but okay." The girl mumbles. I look at her name tag, Karen.

I move out of the line and move to a corner, where no one can see me. I keep my head down and my eyes close.

"Devon Swift!" Karen shouts, causing fans to squeal. I sigh as I walk to the counter.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Are you famous or something?" Karen asks.

"Yes, sadly I am." I mumble the last part, walking away. I start jogging away from the fans, but in the process, I run into someone.

"Fuck!" They shout as coffee spills all over them. That voice. It sounds familiar.

"I'm so so sor-Alex." I breath out as I look up. I stare into her hazel eyes as she stares right back at me. She doesn't have any makeup on, making her look even more beautiful. But without makeup, you can the bags under her eyes, the dull eyes that was there before.

"Devon." She whispers.

We stand there, just us, looking at each other.

"Shit, I-I'm s-sorry about your s-shirt." I stutter out.

"I-uh, it's fine." She mumbles. Alex takes her shirt off, revealing a tank-top. Her arms, her chest..holy crap. I can't help but admire her body.

"Uh-here." I say, taking off my black hoodie. Under my hoodie there is a V-neck shirt.

"Thanks." Alex puts on the hoodie. "I've uh, I've missed you."

I smile and look down.

"Yeah, I've missed you too." I whisper.

I then remember the fans.

"Listen, I gotta go. Uh-I'll come by to get that later. Bye Alex. And remember, I love you." I whisper the last part.

I start running away, leaving Alex there with my hoodie.

At least I have an excuse to see her again.