Chapter 3

(Devon's POV)

I walk into the house with Alex behind me. She's admiring the mansion. I lead her into the living room where everyone else is. Once I enter, all heads snap up to us.

"Guys, Alex is staying the night due to paparazzi crowding our house. I ran into her while I was walking and well, I think you know the rest from there." I explain. Alex stares at the three in amazement.

"You're that Starbucks girl, Alex, right?" Leon asks. Alex tries to speak but fails, so instead she just nods. I realize I'm still holding her hand. I quickly let go before anybody notices. I walk over to the chair and sit down.

"Where will she sleep?" Skylar asks me.

"We'll figure that out when the time comes." I say. Truth be told, I don't know where she'll sleep. Probably on the couch or in one of our rooms. Alex awkwardly stands there.

"Make yourself at home, Alex." Ryan politely says. Ryan has always been the polite one of the group. He's like the peacemaker, but immature at times. Alex sits down next to Ryan. We sit in an awkward silence.

"Soo.." Skylar trails off. I tap my fingers on my pants, creating a rhythm.

"I'm just gonna say it, this is awkward!" Leon shouts. I stop tapping my fingers and lean further back in the seat.

"You think? It's not everyday you have a fan inside of your house." Skylar responds. And here they go again, bickering.

"Shut up! I was just pointing out the obvious." Leon defends. Honestly, I'm not in the mood to here the arguing, I'm just out of it today.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Skylar argues. Alex is just watching them with a strange look, while Ryan is on his phone not paying attention. As the arguing gets louder, I get up and leave the room. I don't like to hear them arguing. I walk upstairs and out on the balcony that towers over the streets. It has a perfect view of the sunset too. But the perfect thing about this balcony, is that the paparazzi can't see you from the entrance. I lean against the railing and pull out my box of cigarettes. I pull out my lighter and light one. I put it up to my mouth.

Yes, I smoke. I'm like the badass mystery girl, right? The only thing that's missing is the motorcycle. Nah, I just like to smoke and stay quiet. Matter of fact, I'm not a player like most bad girls. I don't go around getting drunk and partying, or hooking up with anyone that comes at me.

I look at the sunset. The sky is orange, purple and pink. It's honestly one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I like, no I love, the sunset. There is something about it that makes me calm and enjoy the littlest things in life.

Most people would think I'm arrogant and a bitch. Which I could totally understand why they'd think that. In our videos I'm always the quiet and closed off one, but I'm also the wise one. Like when I say something, it's worth hearing me out, but of course, people don't see that. My fans just think I'm going through a rough time and I'll snap out of it. Yes, I am going through a rough time, but will I snap out of it? I don't know.

I burn out my cigarette and put my things back in my pocket. I push myself off of the rail and turn around. I walk back inside and downstairs. Skylar and Leon have stopped arguing. Skylar is watching TV, along with Ryan. Leon and Alex are chatting it up. I walk in the living room and sit down.

"Where'd you go?" Skylar asks me, turning her attention from the TV to me.

"While you two were arguing, I went upstairs on the balcony." I answer her. Skylar nods and her eyes are back to the TV. I'm not a fan of watching TV. It just doesn't draw that much attention to me. I mean, everything is fake. Wrestling is fake, the TV shows are fake, the movies are fake, even reality TV shows are fake. The only real thing is probably sports, but who knows, that could also be fake!

I guess music could be fake too. Like some artist write there own music, others don't. Yes, we use other peoples music for cover songs, but believe it or not, I write some of our songs too. We just haven't released them yet. The only people who know that I write my own songs are the band and our manger.

Our manager is a pretty chilled girl. Her name is Sarah. She's one of the best and has got us so many tour openings for people.

"What did you do on the balcony?" Alex suddenly asks.

"If you must know, I smoked a cigarette and watched the sunset." I respond. Alex looks at me weirdly.

"Smoking is bad for you." She says.

"So I've been told." I retort. Alex really thinks I don't know this shit. I've been told that a million times by my band mates, but I haven't stopped. If I think I'm in danger of dying, then I'd stop. Alex doesn't respond this time.

I get out my phone and check Twitter. I notice the fans are going crazy about something. I furrow my eyebrows and check our fan page. I notice we hit 1M followers.

"Oh my god! We hit 1M followers on Twitter!" I exclaim, causing them to scream and shout. I grin and log onto our fan page.

@ProposalTillTwelve: Thank you for 1M followers! We love you guys!

I enter the tweet and instantly get over a thousand of retweets and favorites. The band and Alex are still cheering. I put my phone up and look at the band and Alex, grinning at their excitement.

"Aren't you happy, Devon?" Leon asks me, jumping up and down.

"Yeah, I am." I respond and smile at him.

"Then why aren't you expressing it?" Alex asks me. I look at her.

"I am, on the inside." I say. Alex slowly nods, not understanding what I meant.