Chapter 22

(Devon's POV)

The sound of the doorbell wakes me up. I look over at my clock and see it's 10:32 AM. Damn, I slept along time. I look on the other side of my bed. Alex isn't there.

I sigh and get up, stretching in the process. I walk over to my closest. I put on red skinny jeans, a My Chemical Romance muscle t-shirt and my combat boots. I brush my hair and teeth. I walk back out to my room and grab my phone, lighter and cigarette.

I walk downstairs and hear chatting. I yawn and see Michael and Jennifer are here. I walk into the kitchen to see Alex making some coffee. She's wearing jeans, a sweater of mine and converses. I peak my head out of the kitchen to see Skylar distracting Michael and Jennifer.

I wrap my arms around Alex as she makes the coffee.

"Morning babe." I mumble into her neck.

"G'morning." Alex says. I start placing soft kisses on her neck and shoulder. I then turn her around in my arms so she's facing me. I kiss her lips before pulling her away. I grin at her. She smiles back at me before continuing to make coffee. I lift myself on the counter and wait for her to finish.

Alex hands me a cup, which I gladly thank her for. I start drinking it and set it next to me. Everyone then enters the kitchen, making me raise an eyebrow. Alex lifts herself up next to me. I smile and lace our pinkies together.

"Bout time you woke your ass up!" Leon shouts. I roll my eyes and pick up my coffee with my free hand. I drink it and set it back down.

"Yeah? I would've slept longer if it wasn't for the doorbell, by the way." I inform them. I finish my coffee and sigh.

"You needed to wake up anyways. We have guest. And when we have guest everyone needs to be awake." Ryan scolds.

"Yes, father. God damn, you and Ally should be married already." I mumble the last part. Ryan hears me, along with the others because they stifle a laugh, even Ivy, who has a crush on Ryan.

"You and A-never mind." Ryan stops himself, realizing Jennifer and Michael are in the room. I knew what he was going to say, along with Alex.

"Who? Tell us! We can keep a secret!" Michael pleads. I whistle and look around.

"It's all up to that person if she wants to tell." I shrug, practically giving Alex permission. I don't care if anyone knows, it's up to Alex. I hear Alex sigh. She grabs my face and kisses me. I hear Michael and Jennifer gasp. I pull apart and look at Alex with a raised eyebrow.

"Where did that come from?" I ask her, confused on why she did that.

"I've been dying to do it since you woke up, babe." Alex winks at me. Where did this sudden wave of confidence come from?

I look over at Michael and Jennifer, who has wide eyes.

"I knew it! Ha! I told you she was with Alex! Boom!" Michael screams.

"Who'd you think I was with?" I ask Jennifer. Jennifer looks around and blushes.

"Lauren from Fifth Harmony." She mumbles. I look at the group, who are getting ready to burst out laughing. I keep a straight face, along with Alex.

I wasn't proud of doing that. I practically broke her heart, which I deeply regret. But we had to call it off, it wouldn't work. Why? I don't know, I just wasn't in love with her.

"Why are they laughing?" Michael asks. I get off of the counter. I take Alex's coffee cup to the sink, along with mine. I put them in and wash them.

"Go on, tell them." I say. I put the cups in the dishwasher.

"Devon actually dated Lauren once. Or, as Devon puts it, a fling." Skylar quotes the word fling. I roll my eyes and hop back onto the counter next to Alex. I lace our hands together, but she pulls away.

And she's mad. Great. Thanks a lot, guys. Fucking dipshits.

"Hey? What's wrong?" I ask her softly.

"Nothing." She lies, looking away.

"I'm sorry if I did anything wrong." I mumble. Alex doesn't respond. Instead, she leaves the kitchen. I turn toward the others.

"Thanks a lot! She's mad now. You guys know I don't like that topic, either does Alex. But of course you had to fucking bring it up! And you guys know I've changed sine then!" I snap, indicating the last part toward the band and Ivy.

I walk out of the kitchen. I know where Alex is. I walk upstairs and out to the balcony. She's leaning against the railing. I walk up next to her, also leaning against the railing.

"Hey," I softly speak. "I'm sorry."

Alex sighs and looks at me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I overreacted. I know you've changed. It's just-sometimes I think you're only using me." Alex honestly admits.

"I can see why you say that. And I know why you overacted, it's okay, Alex. I only love you and you only. I'm not using you, if I was I wouldn't be here right now. I'd probably be out clubbing or something. But trust me when I say this. I love you, and only you. Forever and always. Nothing will ever change that, okay?"

"Okay," She whispers. "I love you too. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I would've done the same thing." I pull Alex into an embrace, as she does the same. We pull apart and I smile at her. I grab her hand and walk back downstairs.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry, Devon. I really am. I know how much you love Alex." Skylar apologizes.

"It's okay, Skylar." I laugh at her reaction. "I'm sorry for snapping."

"It's fine. Are you guys good now?" She asks.

"Better then ever." Alex smiles at me. Skylar nods and hugs me. I hug her back, but is quickly pulled away by Alex.

"Mine." Alex mumbles. Skylar laughs and nods.

"You're cute when you're jealous."