Chapter 12

(Devon's POV)

I walk downstairs with my hair dripping wet. I didn't bother blow drying it. I was to lazy too, plus I wanted to get this talk over with.

Once I reach the living room, all eyes are on me. I sit down next to Skylar. My knuckles are already wrapped up. I run a hand through my hair and sigh.

"Okay," I clear my throat. "I was checking Twitter when someone posted a link. The link led to me punching the Paparazzi dude. People were saying hate comments about me. And this one particular comment got to me. It was about me being gay and how I'll be going to hell. That triggered a flashback, which made me angry." I explain. I'm not going to explain the flashback. I'm not ready to open up to them yet.

"What was the flashback?" Alex asks, interested in the topic.

"Classified information, sweetheart." I say. Alex blushes when I call her sweetheart. A small smile forms on my lips when she blushes. Skylar notices me smiling and she looks between Alex and I. She then smirks.

"May I talk to Devon, alone?" Skylar asks. The others nod and walks out of the room, leaving Skylar and me.

"You totally like her." Skylar utters.

"No I don't." I quickly deny.

"Your reactions proves you do." Skylar says. "So why are you denying it?"

"I'm scared." I mumble. Skylar sighs and sits next to me.

"Why are you scared?"

"I'm scared because..I never felt this way for anyone, Skylar. When I look at her, I smile. I feel the need to protect her, no matter what. When she snuggles up to me, I feel warmth and joy. I feel like I was on Cloud 9 when she hugged me this morning. And it's weird because I'm not use to having emotions or anything."

"If you ask me," Skylar sighs. "It sounds like you're in love."

I stare at her with a shocked expression.

"No," I dryly laugh. "You're fucking crazy." I stand up and wipe my palms on my pants.

"I'm just expressing my opinion, Devon." Skylar says, looking up at me.

"No. I-uh-no!" I say, raising my voice. I honestly don't know why I'm overreacting. Maybe because I've never been in love before, or I never had this much emotions for anyone.

I shake my head as every fills back in the living room. I sit back down and put my head in my hands.

"Is everything okay in here? We heard yelling." Ryan informs. I don't bother looking up, knowing that Skylar is looking at me.

"Yeah," Skylar says. "Everything is cool."

"Totally cool." I mumble. I lift my head up and my eyes automatically find Alex.

Could I be in love with Alex? I don't know. But I do know what I like her. When we were snuggling last night I slept great. When she hugged me this morning I felt extraordinary. And then when she blushed she looked so fucking adorable.

I never call anyone adorable. What the hell? Why the fuck does Alex have this affect on me.

"Devon? You're staring at me." Alex snaps me out of my thoughts. I avert my eyes from her and look at something else.

"Sorry." I mumble, quite embarrassed. Skylar clears her throat, making me look at her. She mouths the word 'love'.

I furrow my eyebrows and stand up. I walk into the kitchen and grip the counter. I take a deep breath and exhale. I walk back out of the kitchen.

"I'll be on the balcony." I mumble and walk upstairs. I go on the balcony and lean against the railing.

Why does one girl have this fucking affect on me? I feel the need to protect her, make her happy every chance I get, to see her smile. I don't know what is going on with me. I feel butterflies when she's near me. I've never been nervous in my whole entire life, except for when I came out to my parents. When I touch her I feel this burning sensation in my body.

I've never felt this with any of my other girlfriends.

"Hey." A soft voice from my right says. It's Alex.

"Hi." I reply with a sigh.

"I'm sorry about your parents." Alex says, looking off into the distance. I turn my head to look at her, a smile tugging at my lips.

"It's alright. You have nothing to be sorry for." I reply.

"I guess, but nobody should be rejected by their parents, especially not you. I mean, you're beautiful and per-shit. Uh, well you're clearly beautiful and all. Shit, I'm so-" She rambles. I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers. Before she can kiss me back, I pull away slowly. 

I open my eyes to be greeted by her brown eyes. I swallow my spit and look away. A small blush creeps onto my face.

"Sorry." I mumble and look down. I hesitantly look back up at her.

"You're fine." She whispers. I lick my lips as I look at her. She bites her lip. Fuck, that's a major turn on. She suddenly puts her lips back on mine. This time, I'm the shocked one. I kiss her back once I regain myself. Fireworks explode through my body as I deepen the kiss. Her arms wrap around my neck while my hands rest on her hips.

We pull apart and my forehead is against hers. Our breathing is uneven.

"Wow." Alex whispers after moments of silence.

"Yeah, wow." I whisper. A face eating grin takes over Alex's face. She starts giggling, making me smile. Her giggle is like music to my ears. It's so angle like. Fuck, that's fucking cliché.

I take her by surprise and lift her up. She freaks out before wrapping her legs around my waist. I laugh and carry her to my bed. I set her down carefully as she unwraps her legs. I lay down next to her and sigh.

We lay down in silence before I hear her breathing make a pattern. She's asleep. I smile and put the covers over her. She's so damn adorable.

And then it dawns on me.

Fuck.

I'm in love with Alex.