Chapter 28

(Devon's POV)

2 weeks. It's been 2 weeks since I've last talked to Alex. Sure, we see each other and all with the others, but I don't look or talk to her. The whole world now knows about our break up. They're mad at Alex for breaking my heart, but other people are mad at me for not giving her a second chance. I mean, they're kidding me right? I did nothing wrong, and people are mad at me.

I silently cry myself to sleep at night. Pathetic, right? Well that's what I am, pathetic. My parents kicked me out and my girlfriend-ex girlfriend, didn't even want me. I'm not good enough. She cheated on me with Jeremey Wilson, the douche bag.

I gave Jeremey a pretty good lesson. But his pretty face is probably healed by now. We're still on tour, but it ends soon. Which I'm happy about, because man, I need to go home and be alone.

When there isn't anything going on, I stay in my bunk. I cry, listen to music, read and sleep. I rarely eat anymore. It's not that I'm starving myself, I've just lost my appetite. Oh! And guess what? I also started smoking again. Awesome, right?

Without Alex, my life is a mess. A train wreck. But she seems to be doing just fine. She looks happy around people, she looks like nothing happened. It's like she forgot everything. How can this one girl, make me happy and complete, then next thing you know, she makes me a wreck? It's like she's the cause of my pain, but also the cure to it.

"Devon, get up! We're doing a twit-cam!" Leon says, opening the curtain to my bunk.

"Do I have to?" My throat comes out as a whisper.

"Listen, Devon. I know you're sad, but do it for the fans, please?" He begs.

"Okay. Give me a minuet." I mumble. Leon smiles and walks away, leaving me to get dress. I put on some black skinny jeans, a white V-neck, my leather jacket, a red flannel tied around my waist and my combat boots. I quickly do my hair and make up.

I walk to the lounge where everyone is, including Ivy and Alex. I sit as far away from Alex as I can. I hear her sigh disappointingly. Does she really expect me to sit next to her? Fuck off.

"Hey guys! It's Proposal Till Twelve here with Ivy and Alex!" Ryan announces. I notice most of the comments are mostly about Alex and I. I bite my lip, looking away from the comments.

"Send your questions on Twitter. #AskProposalTillTwelve!" Skylar says. I feel my lighter in my leather jacket, along with my other things.

"Tyler asks when we're coming out with our next album?" Leon reads. All heads turn toward me.

"I'm still writing, don't worry. It'll be worth the wait." I respond, my voice coming off weak. I clear my throat. "Sorry about that." I slightly laugh.

"Quinn asks if any of us are in relationships.." Ryan trails off, looking at me with worried eyes.

"No." Skylar answers.

"Nope!" Leon responds.

"No, but I'm crushing!" Ryan responds, winking at the camera.

"I'm also crushing." Ivy answers.

Now it's just Alex and I. I wait for Alex to answer.

"I..I don't know." Alex quietly responds, making me scoff.

"You know what? Fuck it. No. We're not. You ruined me, Alex. So no." I snap, standing up. "I hope you guys enjoyed this little twit-cam, goodbye." I shut the laptop off. Without looking at the band or anyone else, I walk off of the bus, slamming the door behind me.

I sigh and lean against the bus. I bring my cigarettes out, along with my lighter. I light a cigarette and put it to my mouth.

Seriously? She says 'I don't know', when we haven't been talking to each other? I think that's code for we're not together anymore.

My phone dings, telling me I have a tweet. I take out my phone with the cigarette still in my mouth.

@AlexA123: I'm sorry..

I decide to indicate a tweet back.

@DevonProposalTillTwelve: Sorry is just a word..

@AlexA123: I never meant to hurt you..

@DevonProposalTillTwelve: Should've thought it through, huh?

I decide to stop there and put my phone back.

God she's so fucking- I don't know! But she hurt me! Yet, I still love her! I did everything for her. I did my best. I fought for her. I did my best to be the best girlfriend there was. And the worst part is, she cheated on me with a guy! A no good douche bag guy.

Tears stream down my. My knees get weak. I slide down the bus, bringing my knees to my chest as I smoke the cigarette. I let out a muffle sob as I look up at the sky. I blow out smoke and put my head against the bus.

"Was I not good enough? I mean, I did everything I could.." I talk to myself. I don't know why, but I am. "I wasn't good enough for my parents, they kicked me out. And now my girlfriend-ex, girlfriend, cheated on me with Jeremey Wilson, a damn douche bag. I just attract pain to myself, don't I?"

"Why am I talking to myself? This is pointless." I mumble, putting out the cigarette. I push myself up, swallowing the lump in my throat. I open the bus door to see everyone doing there own thing. Alex is on the couch staring at the wall.

I shake my head and walk back to my bunk. I open the curtain and climb in. I close the curtain and take out a cigarette. Is smoking aloud inside? I think so, it doesn't say. Oh well, fuck it. I look through my bag and see I have an ash tray, perfect.

I light the cigarette and put it to my mouth. As I smoke, I play with the lighter, flicking it on and off.

Ashes fall from the cigarette into the ash tray. Hey, at least the ashes have something to catch them if they fall.

"Are you fucking smoking?" Skylar yells, opening my bunk. I stare at her, still smoking. "Are you serious?"

Everyone else comes to see what the problem is, including Alex.

"You said you'd stop.." Alex mumbles.

"You said you'd be mine." I retort, still smoking. Alex looks away guilty.

"Fucking hell, Devon." Leon mumbles, taking my cigarette. He puts it out, causing me to sigh.

"Those do cost money, you know." I respond, taking another one out. I light it, putting it in my mouth.

"No.." Skylar mumbles. "You're going back to the cold hearted bitch."

"Really? I haven't noticed." I sarcastically say. I jump out of my bunk, landing right in front of Alex. I take a good look at her. Her brown hair has knots in it and her eyes have bags under them.

I shake my head and move past her. I walk out of the tour bus, not knowing where I'm going.