Chapter 39

(Devon's POV)

I wake up with a pounding head ache. I groan and sit up. I rub my head as I try to remember what happened. All I remember is-oh. I got drunk, blah blah. Probably on the news.

I sigh as I get out of bed. I fall to the floor, remembering I'm on the top.

"Fuck.." I groan as I land with a thud. I lift myself up and stumble into the lounge. I squint as I look at everyone. "Turn the TV off."

All heads snap to me. Ryan shuts the TV off.

"Why is Taylor here?" I mumble and collapse next to Alex on the couch. I pinch the bridge of my nose as Ivy hands me Advil and water. I mutter a thank you before taking it. I set my water down on the coffee table.

"You got drunk yesterday," Skylar sighs. "Do you remember why?"

I pause for a moment, recalling yesterday's memories.

"Yes. Yes I do." I scoot away from Alex. Alex sighs and looks away.

"You do know Paparazzi caught pictures of you, right?" Ryan informs me.

"Fuck the Paparazzi." I scoff. The Paparazzi can go fuck themselves for all I care.

"Sarah called," Skylar sighs, causing me to look at her. "She booked us an interview. She wants you to apologize for your behavior. It's at 3:30 PM today. Go get ready."

I look at my watch, which says 1:23 AM. I take one more glance at Alex before standing up. I walk away with a yawn.

I put on my usual attire. Black ripped skinny jeans, a black V-neck shirt, my leather jacket and black combat boots. I brush my black hair and put it in the 'emo' style-I guess that's what it's called, right? I don't know what kids call it these days. I brush my teeth and put on my black eye-liner.

I put my phone, cigarettes and lighter in my pockets before walking out. I walk back into the lounge and sit down. My head ache has worn off, but it's still there. I'm sitting next to Skylar this time.

I still don't know why Alex said no. If she would've said yes or maybe, none of this would've happened-maybe. I don't know. But I think I made a new friend? That bartender-Maddie. I never got her number, but I can still go get it. She's nice and I opened up to her right away-unless that was the alcohol talking. I don't know, but I'll be going back.

I sigh and lay my head on Skylar's shoulder. I only do this to a couple of people. Like Skylar, and uh..Alex. That's probably it. Welp.

"Sky," I whisper. "It hurts." My heart aches as I think about Alex.

Skylar sighs and wraps her arms around my waist.

"I know, it's okay. You're okay." She mumbles.

~~~

"Hello guys! Today I am here with Proposal Till Twelve!" The interviewer says-I forgot his name. Actually, I don't really care about his name.

"Hey guys!" Leon smiles at the camera. My eyes start to close, but I force them open.

"We'll be asking you guys some questions today, so let's get started," He says. "First thing first, Devon. Care to explain why you came out of the bar? May I add-drunk?"

I sigh and roll my eyes. I think about it before looking directly at the camera.

"Never, and I mean ever. Fall in love with a god damn straight girl. Got it? They're fucking heart breakers." I harshly say, taking everyone by surprise.

I look at Alex, who is backstage. She has tears in her eyes. Fuck, now I feel ba-nope nope. She deserves this. Now she knows how I feel.

"Okay then," The interviewer clears his throat. "What is your favorite thing about.." I zone out there.

~~~

"I'm going out!" I shout as I walk off of the tour bus. We got back from the interview about an hour ago.

Alex is crying in her bunk and I can't stand to hear it. It breaks my heart, but now she knows how I feel. Hearing the love of your life cry isn't a good feeling. But she let me cry without her comforting me. Now it's my turn. The tables have switched. Childish, right? Well fuck you then.

I manage to get to the bar without any Paparazzi finding me. I push open the door and walk in. Some people notice me, but they leave me alone. I'm guessing they saw the interview and understands. I walk to the bar and sit down where I set down yesterday.

"Oh, hey Devon!" Maddie greets me.

"Hey Maddie," I sigh. "Can I get a cores light?" Maddie nods and opens a bottle, handing it to me. I thank her and take it.

"I saw the interview," Maddie says. "Pretty harsh."

I take a swig of my beer, holding it by the neck before answering it.

"Yeah?" I scoff. "It's also pretty harsh to break someone's heart." I drink.

"I think you broke Alex's heart just then." Maddie points out.

"Maddie," I snap. "Just stop talking about Alex. It's always about Alex. Can't I enjoy one night without her?"

Maddie sighs, "Yeah. Sorry."

I smile at her before chugging down the rest of my beer. I tap the counter, indicating I want another one. She hands me another one before heading off to serve other people.

After about two more beers, I head out. I put my money down as Maddie hands me her number. I smile at her, slightly buzzed. I stumble out of the bar, giggling to myself.

~~~

I stumble into the tour bus, still giggling.

All the way here, I thought about how gay I am. I'm gayer then a unicorn covered in sparkles flying over rainbows.

"Where have you been?" Alex snaps at me as I walk into the lounge. Her eyes are red and puffy.

"I-was out!" I slur while giggling.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?" Alex asks, tears streaming down my face.

This seems to sober me up a little. I furrow my eyebrows as I see her cry. I walk closer to her. I cup her face, wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." My voice cracks. I let go of her face and slide down the wall. I bring my knees to my chest and sob.

"Hey.." Alex sits next to me. "You have nothing to be sorry for." She wraps her arms around me. I cry into her shoulder, my eyes getting heavy.

"Goodnight," I mummer. "I love you."