Chapter 47

(Devon's POV)

I lock the door behind me. I lean back on the door, my hand still on the doorknob. I close my eyes and sigh, before reopening them.

Alex furrows her eyebrows as she flips through numerous of pages. She clicks her tongue as she closes the journal, throwing it on the bed.

"Wow," Alex says, sitting down on my bed. "You really want to disappear, huh? And the flings were with Miley fucking Cyrus."

"Why would you care, huh? You guys have been ignoring me since we got home. Plus, I thought you didn't love me anymore." I say, walking over to Alex.

"I've been ignoring you because I missed you." Alex quietly says.

"Yeah? Ignoring someone is a great way to show someone you miss them." I sarcastically say.

"I know," She whispers. "But disappearing, seriously Devon?"

I sit down next to her with a frown. I notice tears coming to her eyes.

"Don't tell the others, please," I mumble. "And don't cry."

Alex doesn't respond, but she looks down. She wipes her tears away.

"Miley?" Alex asks.

"Is nothing more then a fling." I finish.

Alex nods, getting up.

"Give me some space..please?" Alex pleads. I nod as she walks out of my bedroom.

Fuck, I'm so stupid. Of course I'd leave the notebook open. Of course I'd write about disappearing. Of course I'd do something so stupid.

I've caused pain to everyone. I'm nothing but a..a fuck up. Yeah, that's what I am. A fucking fuck up. A mistake.

I sigh and stand up. I exit my room, putting my hands in my pockets. I walk downstairs, biting my lip. I enter the living room, where Skylar and Kai are tickling Emily. Ivy, Ryan and Leon are talking. I'm guessing Alex is upstairs, probably on the balcony.

I sit down in the chair, nobody noticing my presence yet. I cross my arms and slump down in the chair, my head down and my eyes close. I let out a shaky breath and open my eyes. I rub my eyes.

"Devon?" Kai says, finally noticing my presence. I look at her as all eyes are now on me.

"Hey." I say, trying to sound normal.

"Where's Alex?" Skylar asks. Wow, way to ask how your best fucking friend is doing.

"Don't know." I shrug.

"What? You were just upstairs." Leon points out.

"People can move in a matter of seconds, dumb ass." I mumble the last part.

"Whatever, Devon." Skylar mummers.

After moments of silence, I speak up.

"What did I do wrong?" I ask.

"You've changed, you became this person we didn't know. You slacked off, you got drunk. You had sex." Ryan speaks up. Kai excuses herself, along with Emily. They go in the backyard.

"Bull fucking shit. Maybe if you guys saw what I was going through-or at least pretended to care, you would know why! I worked my ass off. I did numerous of songs. I didn't get drunk, I haven't even drank a fucking beer since that day." I exclaim, now raising my voice.

"Bull! You were never at practice! You did get drunk!" Leon shouts.

"You guys are unbelievable." I mutter.

"Yeah? At least our parents-" Skylar stops, instantly regretting what she was about to say.

"You know what?" I bitterly laugh. "Fuck you. I'm done."

I storm upstairs, slamming my door in the process. Why does everyone pick on me? Like what the fuck did I do wrong? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I grab my suitcase out of the closest. I start shoving my clothes in it. I grab a duffle bag, putting all of my electronics in it. I grab all of my credit cards and my wallet.

Skylar comes running in.

"I didn't mean it! I'm sorry!" Skylar pleads. I ignore her, continuing to pack. Leon and Ryan come in right after.

"We're sorry, Devon!" Leon cries out.

"What's going on?" Kai asks as she comes into view with Emily. I bite my lip, ignoring them. 

I don't need them. I can live on my own. I can start my own fucking career. Plus, they can find another singer. A better singer. One that doesn't cause pain and problems. One that has a great past. Not some fucked up family.

I zip up all of my things just as Alex comes in.

"What's happening?" Alex asks with tears falling down her face. I sling the duffle bag over my shoulder, dragging my suitcase behind me.

I bend down to Emily.

"Hey, don't even give up, okay? I'll come back to visit you." I softly speak. Emily nods and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back, then I pull away. I stand up, coming face to face with Alex.   

"Don't leave.." Alex chokes out. I study her face, putting on an emotionless mask. I walk past her, ignoring her calls. I grab my car keys when someone grabs my wrist. I'm spun around to see Alex.

"I'll be back, I promise." I mummer.

"..Don't go.." She cries. I press my lips to hers, tasting the salt on her lips.

"I love you." I mumble, leaving her there.

"If you love me then you won't leave! I swear to god, if you drive away, I will never forgive you!" Alex screams. My heart aches at the sound of her crying, but this is for their and my own good.

I throw my bags in the back of the car.

"Goodbye." I whisper. Alex runs out of the house, falling on her knees, sobbing on the driveway as I pull out. Tears flow from my eyes as I drive away from the house.

~~~

"I quit." I tell Sarah as we sit in her office.

"What? You quit? WHAT?" Sarah exclaims, clearly shocked. I sigh and look at her.

"I'll make a deal," I offer. "You can still be my manger if I can be a solo artist, but I will NOT be in another band, got it?"

Yeah, I just went there. I can survive without band mates. Sarah leans back in her chair as she thinks about it.

"Fine," Sarah sighs. "Here's the damn contract."

I sign it, not needing to read over it. I trust Sarah 100%, so I doubt she'll do anything stupid.

"I'll leave you to figure out how to tell the fans. I'm already guessing you have a place to live, considering you're rich, correct?" Sarah asks. I nod, getting up.

"Be here at the studio on Monday. We need to start recording." Sarah demands.

"Thank you, Sarah." I mumble, getting up. I walk out of her office.

I get into my car, sitting there as I take my phone out.

@DevonSwift: There's no point in Proposal Till Twelve in my Twitter name anymore. Sorry guys, but I'm going solo.

Cheers to a new beginning!

~~~

holy crap.

i just wrote that.

well then.

don't worry, this isn't the end

~Gracie