Chapter 5

(Devon's POV)

Skylar thought it would be a brilliant idea to invite Alex's best friend over, who in fact, happens to be a fan. Once Skylar mentioned this I didn't state my opinion, I just stayed quiet. I mean, I don't mind that she did, but it looks like we're favoring two fans, who we barley know.

The others didn't mind. I would've said something, but I decided to keep my mouth shut for the benefit of the doubt.

The doorbell rings. I notice I'm the only one in the living room. I get up and walk to the front door. I sigh and swing it open. A girl that looks about 19 stands in front of me. She has long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"O-oh my god. It's really you!" The girl squeals.

"Yeah, you're Alex's friend right?" I ask. The girl nods. I open the door wider and step aside. The girl walks in and I close the door.

"Alex! Your friend is here!" I shout. Footsteps pound from upstairs and come downstairs.

"Hey Ivy!" Alex says and pulls her into a hug. They pull apart and Ivy stare at the other 3 bandmates.

"Holy shit." Ivy whispers as she stares at them. Suddenly, Ivy wraps her arms around Ryan. Ryan is taken by surprise but hugs her back with a nervous chuckle.

I lean against the wall and cross my arms. I stifle a laugh. Ryan looks so awkward right now. The poor guy is getting hugged by a girl he doesn't know. Ivy finally lets go of Ryan and clears her throat.

"Sorry," She blushes with embarrassment. "I'm Ivy."

"Nice to meet you, Ivy." Ryan says and flashes a charming smile. Skylar and Leon are jabbing each other in the ribs. Alex is standing next to Ivy, who is in front of Ryan. I quietly watch the interaction of the group of people.

I stare at the ground before pushing myself off the wall. I check my pockets and feel my cigarettes and lighter. I quietly walk upstairs, not attracting attention to myself. I walk out on the balcony and pull out a cigarette and my lighter. I light the cigarette and put it between my lips.

Sitting outside is better then watching TV or playing video games. Sitting outside gives you time to think about things. It gives you time to yourself. Or if you bring someone else out here, you can talk to each other and learn things. I mean, you do learn something new everyday, right?

Skylar found out about my singing skills by hearing me in the shower. She already knew how to play guitar. Skylar and I one day started to play in the garage. Leon then started to goof around on the drums, turns out he was really good at it. Ryan joined in on the other guitar, and well, that's how our band was made.

The name took awhile, though. Skylar is the one who made up the name 'Proposal Till Twelve'. The name came from her mom and dad. Her dad proposed to her mom on New Years Eve just as the clock hit 12.

Most of our fans should already know this story, if not, then they have some catching up to do on our interviews.

I hear footsteps coming up behind me. I turn around and see Alex. I turn back around and stand up. I lean against the balcony. I blow out the smoke. Alex walks up next to me and leans against the balcony. I notice the smoke bothering Alex. I take my ash tray and put the cigarette out. I put the ash tray back on the table that's on the balcony.

"Hi." Alex breaks the silence.

"Hello." I respond. In the corner of my eye, I notice Alex staring at me. I look down and the street.

"You're not what everybody makes you out to be." Alex suddenly says.

"Yeah? How so?" I ask her, interested on what she has to say.

"On interviews, people think you're the fun one, the one who is loud and happy. They make you out to be the leader. But on other interviews you're distant, cold, arrogant, and a bitch. It's like you're bi-polar or something. But in real life, you're just a mystery. You don't talk much, you keep quiet and let everybody else express their opinion." Alex says in one breath. She takes a deep breath before exhaling. I turn shift my body and stare at her.

"I don't speak much because I don't see the point of expressing what you think. People will do what they want no matter the consequences. People like to think that what they do is the right thing. It's human nature. I keep quiet because even if people do listen, there will always be consequences, no matter how good or bad the deed is. And you say I'm a mystery, but yet, I'm not." I explain. Alex stares at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"How are you not a mystery?" Alex asks. I let out a slight chuckle.

"You don't get it, do you? I'm not a mystery because you just cracked me, Alex." I admit. I push myself off of the railing and walk away, leaving Alex. I walk downstairs back into the living room, where everyone else is joking with Ivy.

"Where'd you and Alex go?" Ivy asks me as she sees me.

"We went on the balcony." I respond and sit next to Skylar. Skylar looks at me suspiciously before averting her eyes to Alex, who has now came downstairs.

"What'd you guys do?" Skylar asks. I roll my eyes.

"You act like we had sex on the balcony. We talked, Skylar." I respond.

"You two are talking? I thought Alex disliked you, like very much." Ryan says. Ivy's head snaps toward Alex.

"How could you dislike Devon? The one and only Devon?" Ivy asks. I let out a small laugh.

"She's a total bitch!" Alex defends, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh yes, I'm the bitch. I'm the one who got hit with a door. I'm the one who let you sleep in my room, in my bed. I'm the one who let you stayed here, in this house. I'm the one who followed you Twitter. Oh gladly, I'm the damn bitch." I sarcastically say. Ivy's eyes widen.

"You hit her with a fucking door!? What the hell!" Ivy shouts. Alex looks slightly guilty, causing me to laugh.

"It was an accident! And you offered me to sleep in your bed! You forced me to say in this house! You didn't have to follow me on twitter. You didn't have to bring me to your house." Alex exclaims. It goes silent, waiting for my response.

"I'm not going to argue you with you. Just be grateful for once." I snap. I get up and walk storm upstairs. Honestly, that caused stung right in the heart.