Chapter 2

(Devon's POV)

We're on break from touring. We just got finished with Fifth Harmony about a week ago. They're all nice gals, pretty funny if you ask me. Skylar and Dinah wouldn't stop pulling pranks on us, but that's besides the point.

I'm scrolling through Twitter. Sometimes reading the fans comments brightens up my day. Just knowing that the band and I make them smile makes me happy. Some people even say we saved there lives with our music, which I am extremely grateful.

I don't like the idea of anyone killing themselves or hurting themselves. I know they're in pain, but can't people write it down or it express the pain in a different way? That's how I got into music. By singing my emotions out.

I put my phone down and sigh. I get up out if my bed. I walk downstairs into the kitchen where everyone else is.

"Morning." Ryan greets me. I hum in response and open the fridge. I grab the milk carton out and shut the fridge. I grab a glass and pour some. I put the milk back. I raise myself up onto the counter and drink my milk.

"What're we doing today?" Leon asks us. I shrug and sigh. I was never the one to make plans.

"How about we do a cover song today? We haven't done one in awhile." Ryan suggests. We all nod.
~~~

"Hello guys! We haven't posted a cover song in awhile, so here we go. We'll be doing Force Of Nature by Bea Miller!" I say to the camera.

Devon:

I don't know why but my hands are shaking
I can see you coming and I stand here waiting
Yeah I get tongue tied in the conversation
It's an F'd up, bad, sick situation

Skylar:
I tried to tie my heart down, board up all the windows
Oh but it's too late now
I let you get too close
I know I should take cover, hide inside these four walls
But baby I surrender, it all

Skylar & Devon:
'Cause you're a force of nature
Look at what you've done
I can taste the danger but I don't wanna run
So pull me to the ground and I won't put up a fight
I'm a caution taker, but baby you're a force of nature
Baby you're a force of nature

Devon:

I feel your lips move in and they take me under
You know just what to do, how to make me want you
And I know I'll be broken when it's over
Oh but I can't help but pull you closer

Skylar:
I tried to tie my heart down, board up all the windows
Oh but it's too late now
I let you get too close

Devon & Skylar:
I'll be here 'till we collide
I don't care if I survive
So crash into me one more time
Yeah, yeah, oh

[Chorus]

Baby you're a force of nature [x2]

"Thanks for watching! Let us know what you think in the comments!" I finish. I stop the video and take the camera. "I'll be editing this right now." I say.

I walk upstairs and log onto my computer. I quickly edit the video and upload it. I then log into Twitter.

@ProposalTillTwelve: Check out our new cover of Force Of Nature by Bea Miller!

I attach the video URL and enter the link. In minuets there are numerous of retweets and comments. I smile and shut the computer off. I walk back downstairs.

"We're going to Starbucks, you coming?" Skylar asks me. I nod and grab my shades.
~~~

We walk into Starbucks with our disguises on. We wait in line for a couple of minutes before its our turn. The barista is the girl from yesterday in the restroom.

"Great." I mumble, causing the girl, Alex I think her name, looks up. I glance at her name tag and see her name is Alex.

"Oh my god. It's all of you! H-holy!" Alex silently fan girls. I roll my eyes and impatiently tap my fingers on the counter.

"Yeah," Skylar chuckles. "It's all of us." Alex regains herself and takes our order. Once she gives me mine she stares at me.

I take mine, but she continues to stare at me. I tilt my shades down so she can see my eyes. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Is there something on my face?" I ask her. Alex gulps and shakes her head no, now looking away. I smirk and walk away. I sit down next to Skylar.

"Why are you so mean to her?" Leon asks me. I sigh and take a sip of my coffee.

"I'm not." I defend and look out of the window. I wouldn't like to think of myself mean. I just get annoyed easily and I'm not the warmest person ever.

"Bull shit." Leon mutters. I ignore him and drink my coffee in peace. Leon, Ryan and Skylar are talking about some bull crap. Again, I'm not much of a talker. Nor listener.

I move my eyes from the window and look at the counter, to see Alex staring right at me. I look away and notice paparazzi coming. I quickly stand up.

"Fuck, guys. Come on!" I tell the band, making them stop talking. They look out the window and see the paparazzi. I grab Skylar's hand and start running out. Flashes go off along with yelling. I reach our car and quickly get in, along with Ryan and Leon.

~~~

I walk downstairs and hear arguing. I roll my eyes and walk into the living room. I sit on the couch next to Ryan, who is quiet and on his phone. I grab my phone out and go on Twitter. A fans tweet catches my eye.

@AlexA123: I met Devon from Proposal Till Twelve yesterday in the restroom, and then again at Starbucks! I'll say, she's quite different from what I imagine!

I frown and decide to respond.

@DevonProposalTillTwelve: @AlexA123 Yeah? How so?

I press enter. In minuets people are already defending me, which I am grateful for, but I don't need. Alex doesn't respond to me, so I put my phone up. I look over at Ryan, who is glaring at me.

"What?" I ask him, confused on what I did.

"Did you really have to call the girl out for you being different?" Ryan snarls.

"I didn't, I asked 'how so'. For all we know, I could be a good different. It's not my fault that our fans like to defend me, Ryan. So before you know all the facts, don't accuse people for what they did." I snap. I get up and grab my leather jacket and shades. I put them on and walk out of the front door.

When I'm upset or mad, I go on walks to help calm me down. It's just something about the fresh air and sunlight that helps me. I don't know why, it just does.

Ryan had no right to accuse me up calling her out, she wanted to say that so I responded. If anything, she called me out. She doesn't know me and she's saying that I'm mean and shit. That may be true, but I don't open my big mouth blabbing about it.

I enter the park where numerous of kids are running around and couples are walking along. I put my hands in my pockets and sigh. I walk over to an empty bench next to a tree and sit. I take my hands out of my pocket and run a hand through my hair.

After useless minuets of sitting there, I get up. I walk out of the park without any fans running up to me. I keep my head down while walking. I watch the different brands of shoes walk past me. I run into somebody and my head snaps up. They're getting ready to fall but I catch them, with my shades coming off. I look at the girl and see it's Alex.

"Are you fucking serious?" I mumble, causing Alex to look up at me. I put her down on her two feet. Alex is about to say something, but fans start crowding up.

"Shit!" I mutter. I grab Alex's hand by instinct and start running. I cut many corners before we end up at the band's mansion. I let go of her hand and put my hands on my knees. I catch my breath before looking up at Alex.

"Since you're here and they're numerous of fans outside, you'll be coming inside." I tell her and open the door.