Chapter 38

(Devon's POV)

"In other News! Devon and Alex were spotted at the movie's yesterday! Reportedly to see Pitch Perfect 2! But things took a different turn! They had a food fight and got kicked out! Don't they look cute? Is Delex back? Or are they just friends?"

I shut the TV off and put the remote on the coffee table. Right now we're all in the lounge. I'm sitting next to Alex-which happens to be the topic. The news are saying that Alex and I are back together. That's kind of true..

"So.." Leon trails off. "Are you two together?"

"No." Alex quickly denies, making me frown. What's with the quick denial?

"Do you want to be together?" Skylar questions.

"Yes." I blurt out. No questions asked, I want to be with her. We all look at Alex, waiting for an answer.

Alex looks down the back to me.

"Uh," She hesitates. "N-no?"

No? What? What the fuck?

I bite my lip and stand up. I swallow the lump in my throat.

"N-no?" I croak out, holding back my tears. What the hell does she mean 'no.'? I mean, she is the one who asked me out, the one who teased me to death.

"I mean," Alex takes a deep breath. "No!"

Skylar stands up and storms over to Alex. She lifts Alex up by her shirt.

"Listen here," Skylar says in a low voice. "I've never seen Devon so heartbroken by one fucking girl. She loves you, and you say no? Pathetic." She laughs.

After everything, she doesn't love me? She doesn't want to be mine anymore? This..this, enrages me. This makes me angry and confused. The fuck does she mean no? I finally thought we were going further into this friendship shit.

I stumble out of the tour bus with tears streaming down my face. Fans start to scream, but stop when they see me crying. I ignore them and run into the arena. Once I'm in the arena, I stop and slide down the wall.

I bring my knees up to my chest, hugging them. How many heartbreaks have I had over Alex so far? 2 or 3? Fuck, Alex. If this was anyone else, I'd be done with them.

I want to go home and cry. I want to cry in my own bed. I want to sleep and just forget the world. Fuck this tour. I want to go fucking home.

I get up, pushing off of the wall. I wipe my nose and face with my sleeve. I put my hands in my jacket pocket. I keep my head down as I walk out of the arena. I look at the tour bus to see everyone looking for me. I shake my head and continue walking.

I walk down the side walk and so on. I look up and stop. I'm at a bar. Perfect. They'll let a famous 18 year old drink, right? I walk inside and go to the bar. I sit down at the stool and look up. A girl in her mid 20's is the bartender.

"Hey," She says. "What can I get you? OH-shit. You're Devon Swift." She mumbles the last part. I look up fully, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"I'd like the strongest mother fucker you have." I demand.

"I know you aren't 21, but I'll let you slide." She says, handing me a shot. "Now, what's wrong? My name is Maddie."

"Well," I take the shot. "You know Alex, right? Yeah-well, I want to go out again-but she says no. Well, fuck her! She cheated on me the first time! Then we go on a date-which she asked me on. And then today she says no?" I dryly laugh.

Maddie hands me another shot.

"Hold up, she cheated on you?" Maddie asks.

"Fucking kissed that Jeremy guy." I mumble, draining down the shot. "Give me 5 more."

Maddie makes me 5 shots and set them down in front of me.

"That explains why you beat the guy up. Well fuck." Maddie mumbles.

"Well fuck is right! I stopped smoking because of her! I stopped all of my fucking habits because of her. But you know what? She is my fucking habit!" I exclaim, drinking another shot. I check my phone, seeing I have numerous of text messages from everyone-including Taylor Swift.

I roll my eyes and put my phone away.

"Why do you keep going to her, then?" Maddie asks. I take another shot before answering.

"Because-I fucking love her." I drink another.

"DEVON!" I turn around to see Skylar. I roll my eyes and take another shot.

"Fuck off, Skylar." I mumble, draining another.

"No," Skylar demands. "Come on."

I turn around to face Maddie.

"Thank you, beautiful lady!" I giggle, putting my money down. I drain the last shot before getting up. Skylar takes my arm and drags me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Skylar asks me.

"I-I wasn't! But damn! I feel gooood!" I shout, giggling. Paparazzi comes and are now taking pictures. "Hey! Stop with the flashing!" I laugh.

Skylar pushes me onto the tour bus, slamming the door behind her. I look on the couch to see everyone sitting-including Taylor.

"Heh! Hi!" I giggle. I stumble over to Alex and sit on her lap.

"Uh..hi?" Alex says.

"Hi! You're very pretty. But..but why don't you love me?" I ask, looking at her. "I mean, I love you a lot."

"You're drunk." Alex mumbles.

"T-true! But I looveee you!" I slur out, poking her cheeks. I giggle and look at Taylor. "Is-is that Taylor Swift?" I get off of Alex's lap and sit on Taylor's.

"Hi." Taylor laughs.

"Guys! It's Taylor Swift! Oh my god! Look!" I shout. I hug Taylor. "You're my idol." I whisper.

I get up and stumble over to Skylar, who is glaring at me. I frown and sit down on her lap.

"Why so mad, Sky?" I ask her with a confuse face. I wrap my arms around her.

"You're fucking drunk!" She exclaims.

"I know," I sigh. "It's my fault. It just hurts-you know? I mean, I love her to death. She doesn't love me back. I'm sorry." I cuddle into Skylar.

Her face softens as she holds me. I let my tears out as I cry. I look at Alex, who is looking down.

"Alex," I mummer, causing her to look up. "I love you."