Chapter 25

(Devon's POV)

I put on black ripped skinny jeans, a black V-neck, my leather jacket and combat boots. I sigh as the doorbell rings. I walk out of my room to see Skylar already at the door.

The tweets and shit haven't stopped and it's really getting to me. I've been through this before, but I really do love Alex, and people saying I don't is getting on my last nerves. It's actually hitting me right in the gut.

Yeah, I've dealt with hate. Like hate about my singing and shit. But about me personally? Never. And it hurts since this is about the person I love to death. People are still calling me a player and shit. Saying I'm not worth it.

Alex has tried to get them to stop, but they haven't. Skylar, Leon, Ryan and Ivy have also tried. But it didn't work. These people won't stop, will they?

I put my head in my hands. I hear footsteps getting closer.

"Devon," Skylar clears her throat. "Come meet our guest."

I sigh and stand up. I follow Skylar into the kitchen to be greeted by Taylor Swift. Okay, on the inside I'm freaking out. Taylor Swift is my idol. Literally. She inspired me to never give up and start singing. But right now? I don't have the energy to freak out.

"Hi Taylor," I say. "I'm Devon."

"I know, I'm actually a fan of yours." Taylor smiles. I give her a weak smile back and sit down on the stool.

A pair of arms wrap around from behind me. I look up and turn around. I smile at Alex.

"He-Holy shit it's Taylor Swift!" Alex squeals in my ear.

"My eardrum is now busted." I mummer. Taylor laughs at Alex. Another squeal is heard.

"It's Taylor Fucking Swift!" Ivy squeals. I sigh and put my head back on the table.

I'm trying to be happy. I really am. Trust me. Just these comments are getting on my nerves. I mean, can't people see I've changed. I haven't been to a club in about a month, I haven't got drunk, I haven't fought with the paparazzi, so what more do they need? A fucking video of me showing how much I love Alex?

"Hey? You okay?" Alex mummers.

"Yeah, just tired." I lie with a smile. I don't know why I'm lying, it just slipped out. Alex eyes me suspiciously but nods.

Sarah then comes running into the kitchen.

"Sorry I'm late, but we need to discuss." Sarah says out of breath. She sits down across from me.

"You may be wondering why Taylor is here, correct?" Sarah asks. We all nod, including Taylor. "Well, you will be going on tour with Taylor Swift! You'll be her opening act, along with Shawn Mendes and Vance Joy." Sarah explains.

"Can Ivy and Alex come?" I ask. Alex is my number one priority.

"Yeah, I already arranged that." Sarah says. I smile and nod. The band starts cheering, along with Taylor. Me? I stay quiet. Like I said, the comments are getting to me. "We leave in a week."

Sarah gets up and walks out of the house without a word. Alex is jumping up and down, fist pumping the air. I smile at her cuteness.

"Aren't you happy? I mean, Taylor is your idol, plus, you share the same last name." Ryan says, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I mumble. Ryan nods, not seeing my lie. Alex is staring at me with worried eyes. I send her a reassuring smile. Ivy, Leon and Taylor are chatting it up. Skylar and Ryan are now cooking dinner.