Chapter 41

(Devon's POV)

I sigh as we walk into the venue. It's now 12:30 and we're looking for Taylor-well, at least the others are. I keep my head down, not caring about anything. Honestly, I don't want to meet this chick. I don't even care if she's Lana Del Rey, I won't give a fuck.

I hold onto my notebook and pen as we walk over to Taylor. I'm doing my best to come up with a new song. I look up and see Alex looking at me. I give her a weak smile, causing her to look away. I sigh and look back down.

"Hey guys, Devon!" Taylor's voice is heard. Great, here we go.

"I swear to god Taylor, if this friend of yours is bi-curious or some shit then no. And honestly, I'm not fucking over Alex." I say, still looking down, not caring if anyone hears. I know Alex heard it, because I heard her breath hitch.

"Just at least try to get over her?" Taylor begs. I open my notebook as I sit down, still not looking up.

"Why? What's so special about this chick?" I ask her. "I mean, I don't give two shits if she can hear me right now. What's so fucking special when my heart is already broken? Huh?"

I skim over my songs, not caring if Taylor responds.

"Just look up!" Taylor pleads. I put my pen down, slamming my notebook shut. I look up, not phased by who is sitting there.

"Oh, cool. You know Miley Cyrus!" I sarcastically say.

"I like her already." Miley nudges Taylor. Don't get me wrong, Miley is good looking and all, just not my type.

"Hate to break it to you, Taylor. Miley isn't my type." I shrug. I look around for my friends. They're getting food, not noticing Miley. My eyes land on Alex, who's back is turned to me.

"Yeah? Who is your type?" Miley challenges.

"Alex." I bluntly say, ignoring both of their stares. "Taylor, how the hell do you write songs?" I sigh.

"Uh..my ex-boyfriends inspire me!" Taylor smiles. I roll my eyes and let out a slight laugh.

"So does Katy Perry, correct?" I say, recalling her song 'Bad Blood.'

Taylor mutters something under her breath, along with Miley. I roll my eyes at the two of them.

"Hey Devon! Oh, it's Miley Cyrus!" Skylar exclaims as she sits down next to me. I close my notebook, not finding anything in my head at the moment. Alex sits down next to Skylar, as the others sit around the table too.

"What the shit! It's Miley Cyrus! Holy crud!" Ivy squeals.

"Shut up, holy crap." Leon mumbles, causing Ivy to hit him on the back of his head.

"Is-is she suppose to help you get over Alex! Cause if so, damnn!" Ivy shouts. My jaw clenches.

"Listen," I snap. "No buddy will ever replace Alex, got it?"

Alex has a small smile on her face, along with a blush as she looks down.

"How bout' this," Miley speaks. "We don't have to go out or anything, how about friends? Yeah?"

I look at her before answering.

"Fine." I mutter. I look over at Alex, who is staring out to space, biting her lip and her eyebrows furrowed, like she's thinking. I smile and shake my head.

"I still can't believe you turned down Miley Cyrus." Ivy mutters.

"You would've too if the situation involved Ryan." I bluntly say. Ivy blushes furiously and looks down.

"If you had too, who would you turn gay for?" Miley asks us.

"Ruby Rose." Taylor blurts out, causing us to laugh.

"Erm, Lana Del Rey." Ivy honestly answers.

"Channing Tatum, man." Ryan calmly says, like it's no big deal.

"That's tough," Skylar mummers. "Probably Lauren Jauregui."

I groan and put my head down, recalling the memories. Skylar stifles a laugh as I look up.

"Right, I forgot you and Lauren had a 'thing'." Skylar laughs, clearing the confusion between Miley and Taylor.

"-Anyways," Alex changes the subject, clearly jealous. "It'd uh-be Devon." She blushes.

A grin takes over my face at her answer.

"Since I'm kinda gay, it'd be Ed Sheeran." Leon shrugs.

"I'm not answering since they're loads of people. I mean, I'm gayer then a sparkly unicorn flying over rainbows that is on drugs." I say.

"Fine- who would you turn straight for?" Miley asks me.

My face scrunches up in disgust.

"I don't know. Zac Efron!" I say,

~~~

We just finished our concert and we're on our tour bus now. I sigh as I sit down on the couch. I grab my phone and check Twitter.

@MileyCyrus: hung out with Taylor Swift and the lovely members of Proposal Till Twelve and Ivy and Alex today! *imagine attached*

I favorite and retweet the photo. Comments then start shipping people with Miley. I roll my eyes and continue looking through Twitter.

At least the Paparazzi have a story now! I can see it now;

Headlines: Miley Cyrus and Devon Swift! Are they the newest and hottest couple?

Or;

Headlines: Is Miley Cyrus Devon's rebound? Has Devon gone back to her old ways?

It's pathetic what the Paparazzi can do and how they brainwash you to think differently of a story. But other times it's funny. Especially when they ship a guy and me together. Like, the whole world knows I'm into girls! 

And honestly, I'll never be over Alex. She's my first love. Sure, I've had other girlfriends, but Alex-she's a different story. She'll always be my first love. She'll always be the one I want to marry. I'll always forgive her, even if she does something bad. I already forgave her for cheating on me. I'm just waiting for her to say 'yes' and then we can be together again.

I sigh and get up, my phone in my hand. I walk to my bunk when I hear soft cries from across my bunk. I put my phone in my bunk.

"Alex?" I softly speak. I hear her trying to contain her cries. I furrow my eyebrows and climb into her bunk. "Scoot over."

Alex scoots over, giving me some room. I close the curtain and turn to face her. Her back is facing me.

"Alex." I hum, causing her to turn around to face me. Her eyes are puffy and red. I rest my head on my hand, my elbow supporting me.

"W-what?" She softly cries.

"What's wrong babe?" I ask, babe slipping out causally.

She looks down and then back up to me.

"I miss you." She whispers. My face softens as I let out a sigh.

"I miss you too." I mummer, wrapping my arms around her. She allows me to hold her. She buries her head into my chest as she cries. "It's okay, I'm here now. You're okay." I rub her back.

"I-It's not okay." She mumbles against my chest.

"How come?" I ask, shooting her a confuse look as she lifts her head up to look at me.

"B-because I-I hurt you. A-and I-I love you." She stutters.

"That's all in the past, baby. I'll always love you, okay? Get some rest, we'll talk about this tomorrow."