Chapter 19

(Devon's POV)

I slip on white skinny jeans, a red V-neck, my combat boots and a leather jacket. I put my phone, cigarettes and lighter in my leather jacket's pocket. I recently dyed my hair back to normal, all the way black. That means no more blue streaks. I got sick of them anyways.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen, where mostly everyone is. Alex is putting her plate in the sink. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. I burry my head in the crook of her neck.

"Good morning." I mumble.

"Morning." Alex says. I kiss her shoulder and let go of her. I turn around and smile. Fifth Harmony left yesterday, so it's just the band, Ivy, Alex and I here.

"I've never seen Devon so affectionate with one person." Ryan says. Great..here we go with the teasing. I roll my eyes and make myself a cup of coffee. I lift myself up on the counter. I take a sip of the cup of coffee and set it down next to me.

"I know, isn't it weird? What did you do with our Devon?" Skylar teases.

"Why is it always me? Alex is right there!" I whine.

"Don't bring me into this!" Alex says.

"But babe! We're a team! What team? Wildcats!" I shout, causing Alex to giggle, along with the others. I smile and drink my coffee. I look at Alex, who is wearing shorts, a t-shirt and a jacket. She wears the simplest of things, but yet she looks so beautiful and amazing.

"It's not nice to stare." Alex jokes as she looks at me.

"I always had rule, the rule is; it's nice to stare if you're staring at something beautiful." I smirk and wink at her. Alex blushes and looks down.

"Damn, I wish I was that smooth, Devon." Leon mumbles. I laugh and finish my coffee. I hop off of the counter and put my cup in the sink. I lift myself back up on the counter. I look at the group who is talking and laughing. I smile as I hear Alex's laugh.

"Has anyone else noticed that Devon now smiles a lot? Especially around Alex." I hear Ivy mumble. Honestly, I'm zoned out thinking about Alex. Her smile. Her hair. Her eyes. Her skin. Her touch. Her body. Her personality. Her laugh. Her giggle. God, she's perfect.

"Like, right now she's smiling and we didn't even say anything..she's literally staring at the floor, smiling. And she can hear us." Skylar says. She's beautiful. She's amazing. She's funny. She's gorgeous. She's just so fucking perfect. And I'm proud to call her mine, and mine only.

"Devon! Snap the hell out of it!" Leon shouts, making me look up.

"What?" I whine. All of them are staring at me weirdly.

"You were zone out..smiling at the floor, what's going on in that mind of yours?" Alex asks.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I say, my smile growing wider as she pouts.

"Yes! Now tell me!" She pouts even more.

"I was thinking about you." I say, causing her to blush. "Your smile. Your hair. Your eyes. Your skin. Your touch. Your clothes. Your smell. Your body. Your laugh. I can go on and on, Alex. I can go on and talk about your personality, or your body. I can go on and on about how much I fucking love you. I love your flaws. You're perfect to me, and that's all that matters. I just-you got me soft, Alex. And I fucking love you."

"Oh my god.." Ivy whispers, with tears in her eyes.

"She's turned soft.." Skylar whispers. My eyes lock with Alex, who has tears in her eyes. I give her a cheesy smile. She gets off of the stool and walks over to me, standing in-between my legs.

"I love you too." She says. I put my hands behind her head and softly press our lips together. I taste the salt on her lips. I pull apart and smile. I wipe her tears away.

"Don't cry." I mumble as she rests her forehead against mine.

"It's kinda hard when you say something like that, Devon." Alex jokes. I hear slow clapping behind us. I jump off of the counter. Alex turns around so we face the group.

"I literally feel like this is a dream. Devon has never, and I mean ever, has said anything like that. Damn Devon, you really love her, don't you?" Ryan asks. I smile down at Alex.

"Yeah..I do." I mumble.

~~~

I light a cigarette as I lean against the railing of the balcony. The sunset looks calming tonight. It's red and orange.

Before my parents kicked me out, I had a good life-kinda. I was bullied all throughout middle school. I was a bigger, my teeth were crooked, and my hair was a mess. After 8th grade, I started to work out. I'd do hours of working out. I wouldn't eat anything fatting, only healthy things. Yes, it was hard, but I got through it.

Then high school came and I blew everyone away. People started treating me equally, because I was pretty. That's messed up. Just because I wasn't good looking, doesn't mean you treat me differently. It's just like celebrities. Like me. People treat me differently because I'm famous. Do you see Paparazzi going around snapping pictures of normal people? No.

I found out I was full on lesbian because I never felt a connection with guys. Sure, I'd check them out and date them, but I never felt anything. And then I tried a girl, and it was better then being with a guy.

I then told my parents, of course of which you know, who kicked me out. They hadn't tried to contact me in years. Never checking up on me or anything. I doubt they even remember my name. But since I'm famous and all over the news, they probably do.

Arms wrap around my waist. I put my cigarette out and sigh. I turn around in Alex's arms and give her a small smile.

"What're you thinking about?" Alex asks me with her arms still around me.

"How people get treated differently because of looks or fame. I bet if my parents knew I was going to become famous, they wouldn't have kicked me out." I admit. Alex looks up at me.

"The world is a screwed up place, Devon. People judge people. It's human nature and it's normal." Alex says.

"I want to be in my own world with my own rules and laws. Just me and you." I sigh. I rest my forehead against hers.

"I know, I do too. You and I."

"Forever?" I ask.

"And always."