Chapter 14

Malarie's POV

Wednesday: 8:56 Am

"For Jason McCann." The police officer calls me up to the front desk. "Uh yeah, that's me." I take Jacob off my lap, sitting him in my chair. "Stay right here, I know you both of you are tired but please stay sitting down, okay?" Natasha and Jacob nod tiredly, as I lock the wheels on the twin's stroller.

"Okay, sorry about that Officer Nash I'm coming." I rush over to the awaiting cop with lots and lots of papers in his hands. "That's quite alright, I understand you have children. I have them too, take all the time you need." I smile lightly, beginning to sign Jason's release papers, as well as his pricey fine being held against him and Kale.

Yes, that asshole Kale. It's a long story, but I guess I can explain why Jason has been held in a jail cell for seventy two hours. Only having five minutes to talk to me. That was two hours after he gotten dragged out the family friendly restaurant we all were eating at. And boy was I not only embarrassed but I was pissed off at him. Our children saw him act like a damn fool, although I left out the restaurant before they could see him being escorted out by many of police officers.

Flashback: Three days before.

"This cake is good, do you all like your dessert?" Jason asks, taking a viscous bite out his cake. "Yes daddy, I like my chocolate ice cream cone." Natasha responds between her many of licks.

"I'm glad to hear that, what about you Jake? Do you like your cookies, son?" Jacob stuffs even more cookies into his already filled mouth, nodding his head frantically. "Yeah? It looks like you like them, too." I smile at Jason's chuckle.

"What about you my Mrs. future McCann, do you like your ice cream cone?" He holds back a laugh, replacing it with the most cockiest smirk plastered on his face. "Hm, yeah it's pretty yummy. Although I really would've preferred a piece of red velvet cake instead." I shrug my shoulders, seeing how his face lights up in amusement.

"Well, you're not in charge right now, baby. So therefore you have to listen, and do what I ask you to do. It'll be over soon, just the rest of our vacation time here... and our other two." His smile lights up the whole room, as he leans back in his chair to crack his back. "That's a long time Jase. Just to let you know, your "soon" is equivalent to forever." I huff, offering some of my ice cream cone to Jacob's opened mouth.

"Ah, ah." Jason stops my motives of giving our son a taste. "I got that specifically for you. I just couldn't resist seeing you lick and suck on the ice cream, while some of the white gets on the corners of your little mouth." I gag softly, shooting him a disgusting face.

I'll never look at ice cream cones the same. Especially the plain vanilla flavored ones.

"Jason you're seriously the grossest human bei-" I am cut off by someone stopping next to me on my left. "Hello Malarie, long time no see." I easily recognize the voice, not daring to break my gaze on Jason confused, yet becoming pissed eyes.

I do not say anything, just hoping he gets the hint to leave... now. I'm almost for certain, Jason's about say something any minute. Feeling the need to contain his anger, I wrap my legs around his. Thank goodness we're in a booth- close together. His glare grows more intensely, only making him bounce his leg wildly.

"You know, you can at least say hey." He still attempts to hold a conversation with me. "My balls are fine if you care." Jason and I both snap out our trance, focusing our attention on Kale. Both for different reasons... clearly.

"What did you say, bro?" Jason cocks his eyebrow while rubbing his chin, just trying to control his anger. "I said my bal-" I stop him before he could get the rest of his sentence out.