Chapter 36

Gif is Peter

_____________________

Malarie's POV

Stress, nothing but pure stress. All I've done this event filled day, is clean, scold children, clean, and watch after my children. Hell, it feels like they're only mine. Jason hasn't been home in a whole damn week. Don't even get me started about him completely turning off his phone, so I'm pissed off. It's hard taking care of five kids, especially if they're all needy and very impatient. Damn you Jason, they get that from your impatient ass. Oh yeah, on top of everything I've been slamming around pots and pans frustratingly in the kitchen.

I just want to make a good impression on Pattie's mystery man, Peter. Choosing a proper dinner meal is very essential to first impressions. I would hate to make a crappy dinner, and have him feel some way about Pattie... or me. He's supposed to come over for that long overdue dinner with our family. I hope everything goes well, only God knows.

:::

An hour later

"This is such an amazing dinner, Malarie." Peter, Pattie's new beau compliments my meal I slaved over. "Thank you Peter, I appreciate the praise, but it's really nothing. I'm just glad to finally meet you." I give him a pleasant smile, snapping my fingers at Joel and Jacob poking each other. They're truly starting to act like brothers now.

I continue to feed Jasper and Ariel some of my mashed potatoes off my plate, not really having an appetite this whole day. Jason hasn't come home, nor have he texted or called, which sends red flags for me. He also missed Jacob's soccer game two days ago, which clearly made Jacob very angry. He kept asking were his dad was, every time he made a score. I felt terrible for lying, but I had to tell him he was out working again. He hated that, only making him lash out on the other children. That got him an entire hour of sitting out, and not going back into the game anymore. I just wish Jason could've been there, because our son is lacking that male role model, lately.

I can tell Joel is lacking it as well, he's beginning to show some signs of a learning disability. As well as having a little anger streak of his own. I've witnessed it first hand when I saw Jacob hitting Joel repeatedly in his head earlier on today. I could tell he was getting irritated with Jake doing it, yet he kept saying stop and not retaliating. I guess he got fed up of being hit several times, and punched Jacob dead in his lip. Blood was drawn; not too much, but I couldn't be upset at him. Jake was harassing him first; although I made them both apologize to each other.  They hated that idea, but still did what mommy said and apologized to one another.

"You look so beautiful today, darling." Peter pushes a piece a hair behind Pattie's ear, smiling at her. "Thank you, Pete." She pecks his cheek, going back to eating her dinner.

"You're welcome, and I truly do apologize for being late, sweetheart. Driving is a pain, when it's rush hour traffic." He speaks lovingly, looking completely disappointed in himself. "Honey, it's okay. You made it, that's all that matters. I still can't believe your cat scratched your forehead before you got here." I watch as she lightly rubs the scar on his head, being as gentle as can be.

"Yeah, her nails are pretty sharp. But I love my little Whiskers." They share a chuckle, with me smiling at the both of them. "Aww, you guys are so adorable." I place my elbows on the table, staring at the two lovingly.

"Excuse me mama, can I have some more juice, please?" Tasha speaks with manners, with me nodding my head to her. "If you will excuse me, I just have to refill the juice pitcher." I stand up, leaving the twins to sway lightly in their swings. 

I make my way out of the dining room- a dining room we only ever use when we have company over, special occasions and or holidays. I make a quick right, walking down the hallway, humming a nice tune. Holding my head down lowly, I think about Jason. He makes me worry about him so much, and it's not even funny how much I do. I don't really pay attention to what's going on around me, so I just push open the swinging doors leading to the kitchen, screaming at the sight of having multiple guns pointed to me. I go to scream again, but someone covers my mouth quickly.