Chapter 31

Jason's POV

The frequent pacing back and forth, with the constant hair tugging of me, I begin to freak out more and more. The time is ticking down to minutes on when Christine and Joel will be coming over, and I'm freaking out. I've already told Mal that Christine was coming, she politely agreed on my decision for her dropping off some important paperwork for me. I know my Mal Mal though, she could literally see through my nervousness... she knows I'm on to something, and that scares me the most. These past two days she's been nothing but willing to everything I've been saying. She even agrees to me when I'm clearly wrong.

"Jason why are you rearranging our living room?" Mal giggles from behind me as I move one couch farther away from the other. "Hey Mal, how about you make us men some sandwiches, you know Jason loves cleaning up." Alex attempts occupy Mal's attention somewhere else, but me and her both know she won't let it go.

"I guess, but just because I'm a woman doesn't give you a right to suggest I should make you a sandwich. You have two hands, and two feet." I watch as Alex nods with a fake pout, seeing Mal walk to the kitchen. "That right there, that's what's scaring me the most." I point to the direction she was once in, placing my hands on my hips.

"I'm sure it's nothing, maybe she's just been PMSing lately." Alex tries to lighten my mood, yet I shake my head. "That woman is crazy." He laughs at me, throwing his hand over my shoulder.

"But did you forget who's crazier?" He looks at me with a smirk playing on his lips. "Me." I sigh, knowing in fact I'm crazy. Although my Mal is next in line.

"Did you hide the fire place tools; you know she'll try to kill Christine." Alex jokes around, laughing in my face. "It's not funny Alex! You wouldn't understand what I'm going through, because of your situation!" I yell loudly, and I know by the way he's looking at me, I have hurt his feelings.

"I'll be in my room." He walks away from me, with me hitting my head multiple times. "How could I be so stupid; how could I say that to him." I guess my shouting got a bit too loud, because Malarie came inside the living room.

"Hey, hey come here," She pulls me into a hug, with me holding onto her, not wanting to let her go. "What's wrong babe, what's bothering you? You've been acting differently these past two days, what is it?" She lifts her head, cupping my face in her hands.

"I di-" the doorbell ringing stops my telling her everything. "I'll get the door. I love you so much, Malarie." I kiss her lips, knowing this'll probably be the last we kiss. She kisses me back tenderly, rubbing her fingers up and down my back.

"Go get the door, beautiful." She pats my but lightly, encouraging me to let her go. "Okay, tell mom, and Alex to come down here." She nods, sprinting off to get everyone.

I slowly walk to the door, seeing silhouettes reflecting from blinds on the windows in the house. I reach the door, praying all this will go smoothly, and that she's indeed telling the truth. If she's not... I'm going to hurt her. Not kill, or sexually harm her. Let's just say she'll be fingerless on one hand. I unlock door, opening up to reveal Christine bent down, talking to Joel. He looked sad, but nodded his head to whatever she was saying to him.

"Hi da-Jason, mommy says I can't call you that yet." He mumbles sadly, looking down at the ground. "Hey Joel, Christine." I motion for them to come in.

"Hi Jason, they're right here," She hands over an enclosed envelope with my name, and hands over an opened envelope with her name. "I'm assuming the results are the same, but out of respect I didn't open up yours." I look down at the envelope with my name on it, quickly opening it up to read it.

Nothing but a bunch of numbers and X and Y chromosomes are displayed on the paper. If this was any other person, it would probably be a little harder to figure out. Although since I'm extremely well in mathematics, I pick up on the probability quickly.