Chapter 62

Malarie's POV

Two Days Later: Christmas Eve

I impatiently and excitedly bounce my foot up and down in the backseat of the Uber car, just wanting this car ride to be over already. Then again, I want to savor these couple of moments before I am back at home with my family. Yes, I am finally allowed back into the house. It only took Jason 13 days to actually say it; note my sarcasm. Although, I am still so very grateful to be going home. I missed each and everyone very much. Especially my children; it hurt me deeply to leave them like that.

As Lee, my Uber driver exists the freeway, I fix my attention on the many of gifts I have gotten for my parents, siblings, my children, the guys, Pattie... and Jason. I think I went a tad bit overboard with the presents. But I do not care, I love giving gifts on special occasions. There are 10 trash bags filled with wrapped Christmas gifts I have gotten for everyone, all stuffed in this escalade truck I requested.

"Oh no. I am so sorry, Miss. I think I have the wrong address?" The elderly Asian man speaks nervously, making his accent even more adorable. I look up to see what he is talking about, and then I realize what he is referring to; all the mansions on this block. I lightly smile, looking at my home. "No, you are fine. This is the right address, sir." I assure him, giving him a light pat on his shoulder.

"What? Really? This is your home?" He gasps in astonishment

"What? Really? This is your home?" He gasps in astonishment. "Yes, it is." I chuckle, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Wow! It's very big... and nice. How many bedrooms here?" He adjusts his glasses on his nose, looking at the property with big eyes. "It's ten bedrooms and ten bathrooms." I giggle at him pretending to pass out.

"Amazing. You are very blessed to have such a home, miss." He looks at me in the rear view mirror, bowing down in what seems like a curtsy. "Thank you, but it was all my husband's doing. I just live here with him." I don't mean to respond sadly the way I do, but it just comes out that way.

"It's still a blessing. To not only him, but you as well." He points out, making me smile and nod at his words. "Thank you." I smile bigger now, leaning up to shake his hand.

"You are very welcome. Do you need help with your bags again?" He turns around and points to all the bags around me. "Yes I do, but it will make it easier if we go inside the main gate. My husband keeps it locked all the time." I grab my phone out of my purse, and quickly dial Jason's number. 

"Okay, that's fine." He turns off the car engine, while I wait for Jason to answer. "Hey, will you please open up the gate? Well I have a lot of bags to bring in, that's why. It will be too much of a hassle with me and my Uber driver to go in through the side gate, Jason. He's helping me take out my of bags. Please, I will not bother you anymore today. Okay, thank you." I hang up the phone, giving Jason an eye roll for being difficult with me.

As I am about to tell Lee about waiting a couple of minutes for Jason to open the gate, it makes a creaking sound and opens up earlier than what I was totally expecting. I am so shocked by Jason's actions of being on time, I inwardly clap and congratulate him. I bet he only opened it up quickly so he can be nosy and look at whose bringing me, and what I actually have.