Chapter 68

Malarie's POV

Two Weeks Later

I lay back against the soft fluffy pillows in my and Jason's bed; wincing in pain as he so very nicely cleans up my nearly healed gunshot wounds on my stomach. My abdomen area still hurts a lot, but it's bearable at the same time. I am just grateful to be alive, and to have such an amazing husband to help me. As well, as having an extra helping hand from the rest of our family and friends.

"I'm sorry, baby, I just want to be thorough and make sure these holes are properly cleaned. I don't want you to get any type of infections, okay?" He looks up from his concentration on my stomach, giving me the most gorgeous smile I have ever seen. "Yes." I lightly groan, but give him a nice smile just as he had given to me.

"I love you." He looks at me once more, before turning back to cleaning up my wounds the rest of the way. "I love you too. So very much, Jase." I reach my hand forward to run my hand through his soft hair.

I do not get a verbal reply from him, although I do get a sweet chaste kiss placed on a part of my stomach that isn't wounded and in pain. He's so very sweet to me; I love this man with all of my heart. I just cannot see me living my life without him in it. He has to be right by my side.

After about five or ten minutes or so, my babe was finally done cleaning and bandaging me back up. The whole entire time he didn't speak one word, he just hummed a nice beautiful tune. It was pretty catchy, almost as if I heard it before. To be honest, I think I have heard it before. He played it on the piano the day he proposed to me. Gosh, he's such a freaking sweetheart.

"Do you want to get some foo–" the love of my life is cut off by our children barging into our room, with Tasha and Joel each holding the twins. "Hi mama! Hi dad!" They all shout out at once, rushing over to our big bed.

"Hi!" Jason and I both shout back with the same amount of excitement. "What y'all doing?" Jacob asks, struggling to get up on the California King Size bed.

"Nothing much, I just finished cleaning up mama's boo boo's." Jase points over to my bandages, which are on full display for our curious children to see. "Does it hurt, mommy? Do you want me to get your medicine?" Tasha begins to stress herself, placing down Ariel on the floor to rush towards the bathroom.

"No, baby I'm fine. Thank you though, you are such a big help." I smile at her, seeing her face visibly relax... somewhat. "Okay, do you want me to get you a shirt? Or anything else?" She so sweetly places her hands behind her back; waiting for my reply.

"I am fine, Tasha. This sports bra will do for right now. It hurts to lift, so I don't want to put on a shirt right now. Come here, baby." I beckon her over, noticing she hasn't come over to the bed like her siblings. In fact, she's been real distant lately. "I want to play with Ariel." She doesn't listen to me, instead she sits on the ground to play with her baby sister.

I nod my head, knowing she cannot see it due to her being on the floor. I then sadly look at my fingers, not wanting to cry at my daughter refusing me. It's been going on for a while now. I'm not sure if she's scared, feeling remorse, or just downright don't want to be by me. Jason says it's probably having to do with her being traumatized, but I'm not sure why she would be traumatized by me.

This little ordeal has been going on since I opened my eyes from being out of surgery. All my children were happy to see me finally awake, and rushed over to my bedside. All except my Natasha. If anything she just stared blankly at me, giving an unreadable expression on her beautiful face. I called her over multiple times, but I didn't get an answer. I assumed she was tired, but she wasn't. She walked over to my dad and asked if she could go to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I admit that hurt me a lot.