Chapter 28

Jason's POV

Three weeks later: Monday

"Now we have a Fall wedding theme, mostly with the colors of orange, red, or brown. But for the bride, you can choose to go traditional white gown... or a beige color." My and Mal's wedding planner, Paisley, shows us an ugly Fall wedding picture. "Um, that means we would have to get married in October, or November, right?" Mal runs her finger over the picture, biting her lip.

"Yes ma'am, you would." Paisley smiles, waiting for our answer. "I think it's nice, Mal." My mom smiles, being the nice person she is.

"I agree Pattie, it's a very nice layout and theme to go by." Mal's mom, Nia, claps her hands excitedly. "I um, yeah, I like it. Babe what do you think, you've been very quiet today?" Mal turns to face me, squeezing our clasp hands.

"Yeah, I like it." I scratch my head, looking at the four women stare at me. "You're lying." She flat out says to me, looking into my eyes, then at my lips.

I am probably the only man that's here picking out wedding themes with their wife to be. Much to my complete surprise, I didn't want to come. I know I'm a possessive and very jealous person, but I was kind enough to let her go with our moms. Although everything doesn't always go as planned. I was made to come- yes, Mal begged and begged for me to come along with her, her mom, and my mom. Something about me having a say in our theme, and that she didn't want to leave my side. I guess these two weeks we have grown even more closer to one another. Seeing that she's finally walking a lot faster, and more straighter. I love my baby I do, but this is for ladies. I was supposed to be at home with the guys, watching the upcoming basketball game. Yet instead, I'm here, meeting with a wedding planner to decide on some stupid theme colors for our wedding.

"I am not, I like it." I rub my free hand against my jeans, wiping the sweat off my hands. "You are such a liar, stop lying." She chuckles, along with my mom, Nia, and Paisley.

"So you like the theme?" She tests me, rubbing the pad of her thumb against my skin on my hand. "Yes." Simple and short, I say my answer.

"So you do not care if our wedding his full of brightly reds, oranges, and ugly brown decorations. Inwardly cringing, I force myself to nod my head. "Jason, babe, please don't lie to me. This is our wedding, not just mine. If you don't like it, please tell me." She grasps both of my hands in her own, looking directly into my eyes. "Please." It's like she's almost pleading for me to answer.

"Okay," I whisper, not really knowing how my voice would come out if I speak regular. "I don't like it... I hate it." She nods proudly, smirking at me. "I know you do. You hate the color orange, you don't really care for Fall, and you're not a big fan of bright colors." She kisses my chin, turning her attention back to the wedding book.

Nia, mom, and Paisley couldn't stop their giggling, as well as chattering between the three of them. It was like they were discussing how they didn't see my dislike for the theme. I actually hate all of the themes that were shown to us today. But will I say that in front of everyone? Ye -no. Will I discuss this later, while Mal and I are in bed? Hell yes.

"We do not want the Fall theme, Rustic theme, Airmail theme, or the many of the other ones we looked at. We want... what Jason's wants." Mal once again puts me on the spot, with me shaking my head in rejection. "No Mal, we want what you want?" Murmuring lowly, I urge her with my eyes not to place the spotlight on me.

"No, we're going with your choice. Go on, choose a theme." Her giving my hand a light squeeze, causes me to softly groan. "I don't want to choose, I'll be more than happy with your choice." I try to keep my voice loving and not raised, but it still comes out a bit too loud, and annoyed.