Chapter Two: 22 Years Old

Clary put her hands on her hips as she eyed the moving boxes. Jace's and her's wedding was in a few months, because weddings took forever to plan and get together, but until then they were moving in the Herondale Manor together. Or moving some of the stuff they didn't need for the time being. They were getting married in New York.

And while Herondale Manor was a long way from New York, but when one of your closest friends could make portals, it really wasn't.

"So you just going to stare at the moving boxes?" Jace asked, breaking Clary out of her thoughts.

Clary looked at him, "Is their a rune that can move for us?" She asked.

"Not unless you make one," Jace said.

Clary sighed, "At least Magnus can open a portal close and we can just lift and set."

"You got that right biscuit!"

Clary jumped, "Magnus! Are you going to make a habit of scaring me?"

Magnus shrugged, "Who knows biscuit."

"Thank you for doing this for us," Jace said.

"Of course," Magnus said, "It is totally useless to fight helping you anymore since I am always around anyway." He turned from Jace and Clary and opened a portal, "There you go."

Clary lifted a box, "Do we get mover's insurance on this. I'm really fond of some of this stuff you know."

"It is Magnus Bane approved," Magnus said.

Clary shook her head, "And what does that mean?"

"Just drop your boxes. It should drop into the main entrance of the Herondale Manor."

Jace dropped the first box into the portal and then another. Clary did this too and soon the boxes were done. Jace looked at Clary, "Should I check?"

Clary nodded, "Please. Iz will kill me if that dress she got me for my birthday was lost."

Jace nodded and stepped through the portal. A few moments later, he stepped back. "All there."

"Thank you Magnus," Clary said.

Magnus closed the portal, "You are very welcome love. Now if you don't mind, I have to go force my boyfriend to go tux shopping for a certain wedding."

"If he shows up in a brown sweater," Jace stopped and sighed, "He is the best man."

Magnus winked, "It will all work out. Trust me." He smiled and pulled open the door, "So I'll just go now."

"See you Magnus," Clary said.

"Bye," Jace said.

Magnus waved and headed out.

"Where would we be without Magnus?" Jace asked.

"Sad or dead," Clary laughed.

Jace pulled her into his arms, "I know who I'd be sad or dead without."

Clary rolled her eyes, "I hope you don't embrace Magnus like this."

"Not my type," Jace said. He kissed her.

"Good, good," Clary said stepping back and tucking her hands into her jean pockets, "because it is me you are marrying in just a few months."

Jace laughed, "And these few months can't go by fast enough." He pulled Clary back to him.

Clary leaned forward and kissed him, "I love you."

"I love you too," Jace said, "So what else do we have to finish today?"

Clary sighed, "Moving was the big project to do so we are done. I've mailed invitations, got my dress, got bridesmaid dresses. You have your tux, Magnus is going to go force Alec into one. We have the afternoon off from wedding stuff."

"That's great. Honestly if I knew when I asked you to marry me how much to work it was going to be I would have just asked you to elope."

Clary laughed, "Yeah right. You love that you will get to be in the spotlight."

Jace shrugged, "Maybe," He took her hand in his, "So what color is your dress by the way? Did you decide on white, because I still-"

Clary held up her free hand cutting him off, "Jace. I figured it out and if I tell you I'll ruin the whole don't let the groom see the dress thing."

"You are upholding traditional wedding and we are anything but traditional."

Clary squeezed his hand, "Have patience."

Jace laughed, "Clary Fray. Clary Fray."

"That's my name for a few more months, don't wear it out."

Jace smiled, "So for the rest of the afternoon you want to watch something cheesy on TV and eat ice cream?"

Clary beamed, "Sure, that sounds great."

Jace threw his arm over her, "I'll get the ice cream. You snag the TV before Iz can come home and watch stupid reality TV."

Clary turned and kissed his cheek, "I'll meet you there."

Jace nodded and they went their separate ways.