Chapter Nine: 29 Years Old

"Amanda?" Magnus said, "I suppose. It fits her but your name is Clarissa and his is Jace. You picked such a dull name."

Clary sighed, "You named your son Max. After Max. Which is great, but still Max. Are you hearing excitement."

"Besides we named her after Amatis," Jace said.

"Magnus are you going to hold her or insult her, because if it's the latter, I would love to hold her," Isabelle said, bringing the focus of the hospital room to her.

Clary looked at Jace, "It was so nice when your parents and my parents were here, they both offered to grab us something to eat. And my parents took the kids home, now all I have is friends who insult our hours old daughter's name."

Jace chuckled, "Yet somehow we love these crazy people."

Clary stroked Amanda's face, gently, "Baby girl these crazy people are your family. There is no escaping them."

Magnus shrugged, "But I'll be around long after these other people." He held his arms out, "May I hold her Clarissa?"

Clary gently placed Amanda into Magnus's arms, "Hello Miss. Amanda, I'm your Uncle Magnus. Call me when you get into... tight spots. Or need a boy to fall head over heels in love with you."

Clary laughed, "Magnus, you barely helped us when we were teenagers."

"I've decided if I'm going to be married to a Shadowhunter and raise our son with him, I'll become a softy for his family and friends. Everyone else I still charge."

"We wouldn't expect anything else Magnus," Jace said.

Magnus offered Amanda to Alec. Alec took her and smiled, "Hi baby girl. I'm your Uncle Alec."

Alec rocked Amanda gently for awhile before passing her to Isabelle who handed her to Simon who then handed her gently back to Jace.

"So are you guys done with kids?" Isabelle asked.

Clary chuckled, "I'll be thirty this year, that's kind of old isn't it."

"Thirty is the new twenty," Isabelle said.

"Unless you are a Shadowhunter," Magnus said, "Which you are. Then it is the new forty."

"Hunting has taken a hold on my bones," Jace admitted.

"Not to mention how many times you died and were brought back to life," Alec laughed.

Clary shook her head, "I hope with all my heart that my kids never, ever go through anything like we did."

Magnus smiled, "I'll make sure they stay as safe as they can, being Shadowhunters and all."

"Thank you," Clary said.

Amanda, in Jace's arms started to fuss. "Someone wants her mom," Jace said handing Amanda off to Clary.

Clary rocked her gently until she calmed down.

"Wow you are magic," Isabelle said.

"After three kids," Clary said, "you have to be."

"With Johanna we had no idea," Jace said, "It was rough."

"But Amanda will be easy," Clary said.

Simon laughed, "I'm sure Amanda will love the stories when she grow up, "oh you weren't tough, your terrible twos weren't terrible because you were the third kid.""

Clary made a face at Simon, "That is not the stories we will tell her Simon Lewis."

"That's right," Simon said, "I'll tell her what a nerd her mom used to be."

"I was the nerd?" Clary asked, "You were in a garage band that changed their name every other day."

"The Mortal Instruments was cool," Simon said.

"It was what gave us hope for your memories," Isabelle said.

Simon smiled, "And if you hadn't had hope, I wouldn't be here with my family and my best friends."

"That's the story we tell Amanda and all the kids," Jace said, "The story of us and hope that we had to get Simon back."

"You didn't even like me at first!" Simon said.

"At first is the key word, you were hitting on the girl I liked, then dated her while I thought I couldn't, and then dated my sister sooo," Jace said.

"But no hard feelings," Simon said.

"No hard feelings," Jace agreed.

Isabelle laughed, "Did you two ever get past seventeen?"

"Probably not," Jace smirked.

Isabelle looked at Clary, "Vance has his genes."

"We know," Clary sighed.

"He will be my mini-me," Jace said.

The whole room laughed. "I can see that being true," Magnus said, "Good luck Clarissa."

"Thanks Magnus," Clary said.

Amanda let out a small yawn.

"It's her first day and she already wants nap time," Isabelle said, "What a good baby."

Simon looked down at his watch, "Is it already getting that late? Iz, we have to get Johanna and Vance for the night."

"Time flies while you are having fun," Alec said.

"Thank you Simon, Isabelle for helping out my parents with Jo and Vance," Clary said.

"Mackenzie and Randall love them," Isabelle said, "It's no problem."

Magnus came over and squeezed Clary's shoulder, "We will see you around."

Alec leaned over and kissed Amanda's head, "You be good for your mommy and daddy, they are good people."

"You ready to go get Blueberry?" Magnus asked.

Alec nodded, "Isabelle, Simon? You guys need a portal."

Isabelle shrugged, "Sure. Bye Clary, bye Jace."

"Bye Isabelle," Jace said.

"Bye Iz."

Magnus then opened a portal which the four of them disappeared through.

"Well," Jace said, "If Amanda is going to take a nap, I think I will too." He leaned over and kissed Clary and lifted Amanda from her arms, "Do you need anything before I pass out in this chair?"

Clary shook her head, "I'm good."

Jace nodded and placed Amanda in her bassinet and then sat in the chair beside Clary's bed. He took her hand and soon the three of them were sound asleep.