Chapter Twenty: 51 Years Old

Johanna placed her hand on Amanda's head, "You have to stay still! I'm not trying to shut your ear in the curling iron, Amanda!"

"Sorry," Amanda said, "I'm excited."

Clary smiled, "Well, that's good. If you felt any other way, I'd sneak you out the back door. If you aren't happy on your wedding day it isn't a good day."

Johanna nodded, "That's very true." She ran the curling iron through Amanda's hair one last time, "Now we can get her in her dress."

Clary crossed the room and grabbed the giant garment bag, "Here we are." She pulled back the bag to reveal a golden ball gown.

Amanda got up and undressed and with Johanna and Clary's help she got into the wedding dress and Johanna was buttoning the last button when the door flew open.

"Aunt Amanda!" Spencer and Wally came running in, Danny trailing after them.

"Aw don't my two little boys look so cute!" Johanna said, bending down to hug her sons.

"It took forever to get them into those suits, Jace and your brother had to help," Danny said.

Johanna laughed, "Of course," She ruffled Spencer and Wally's hair, "You two are so silly."

"Speaking of Vance and my husband," Clary said, "Where are they?"

"Making sure Cody isn't going to faint," Danny said, "He is so nervous."

Amanda laughed, "I love that man, but I've never seen someone sweat so much."

"They all sweat," Johanna said, "And it's a good sign. If he is worried about upsetting you, he is a good husband."

"Hey!" Danny said.

"It's true," Clary said.

"What's true?" Jace asked as he appeared with Vance and Victoria.

"Nothing." Clary said, "Is everything almost ready?"

Victoria nodded, "Uh huh. Cody isn't going to faint. Simon, Isabelle, Mackenzie, Lance, Randall, Opal, Ozzie, Maria, Gwen, Raphael, Max, Magnus, Alec, and one very pregnant Lacey are all sitting and ready."

"How did you list everyone without counting on your fingers," Vance asked.

"I keep a running list on my phone," Johanna said.

"That's a smart idea," Amanda said, "I never thought of that."

"Okay children," Jace said, "If everything is in place, we should probably get rolling with this wedding, before Cody does faint."

Johanna tossed Victoria some flowers, "Ready?"

Victoria nodded.

"Spencer do you have the rings?" Amanda asked.

"Yep!" Spencer said.

Clary leaned down and lifted Wally, "And you are coming with me!"

Clary kissed Amanda on the forehead, "I love you."

"Love you too!"

Clary nodded and headed out into the main room where she sat down on the front bench with her mom and Luke.

"Great granny! Great Grandpa!" Wally laughed.

"Is she okay?" Jocelyn asked.

"Yep," Clary said, "Though I don't know about Cody."