Chapter Sixteen: 44 Years Old

"I hate this monkey suit," eighteen year old Vance complained, "Why can't I wear jeans?" He tugged at the tie.

"Because your sister is getting married," Jace said, "You wear suits to weddings."

"Amanda isn't wearing a suit."

"I'm a girl, idiot. Also I'm a bridesmaid," Amanda, now fifteen beamed, "So," She stuck out her tongue at Vance.

Clary adjusted her dress in the mirror and turned around to look at her kids, "Do you two ever stop bickering?"

"No," Vance said, "Of course not."

"Nice to know."

There was a knock at the room the four of them were in and Clary pulled it opened, Mackenzie stood on the other side in her maid of honor dress. "Hi Aunt Clary, I was just coming to see how everything was going."

"We are ready, is Johanna ready for us?"

Mackenzie nodded, "Yep."

Clary turned to Vance, "Max and Randall will be here in a second, please do not do anything stupid, and remember when the music starts, You need to line up and go."

"I got it. I got it!"

"Amanda, Jace, ready?" Clary asked.

"Yep," Amanda said.

Mackenzie stepped back and held the door open for the three of them. They made their way down the hall and to another room where Johanna stood with Jocelyn who had been helping her while Clary got her dress on.

"Mom!" Johanna beamed. Her dress was all gold, beaded on top with a ruffled skirt.

"You look so beautiful," Jace told her.

Johanna held out her hand for Jace, "Thank you dad."

Jace squeezed her hand.

"Danny is lucky we are here today," Amanda said.

"Amanda!" Clary said.

"I'm just saying, the on and off couple of the century was Johanna and Danny. They loved each other, they hated each other, they were just friends, then they were making out on the front porch."

"Amanda!" Clary said again, more forcefully.

"It's okay mom, it's true, but Danny is my one and only."

Jocelyn smiled, "That's right. That's how you should feel."

There was a knock at the door and it opened, "Hello? One Shadowhunter wedding in need of a werewolf."

"Maia!" Clary laughed, grabbing her up in a hug, "Oh! Maia it's been so long!"

"I know I'm suppose to be out there but I wanted to come wish the bride luck," Maia said, "Hi Jace."

"Hello Maia, is Bat here?"

"Yep, but he's out talking to Luke."

"Boys," Jocelyn chuckled.

Maia nodded and turned to Mackenzie, Amanda, and Johanna, "The three of you have

grown up so beautiful. Just like your moms."

"Thank you Aunt Maia," Johanna said.

Maia shook her head, "You guys are old enough not to call me Aunt Maia. We aren't related."

"You are totally part of our family," Clary said.

"Yeah!" Mackenzie smiled.

"Aw, thank you guys," Maia said, "Now isn't there a wedding to get on with?"