Chapter Eight: 28 Years Old

"You know," Isabelle said, "I could have sworn that you said no more kids after Vance, whose now three, so that was, uh three years ago."

Clary glared at Isabelle, "Shut up and hand me the next gift."

"It's a good thing mom decided she could watch the kids," Alec said, "Because, Clary "shut up" is a bad word."

Clary sighed, "I have a kid pressed on my bladder again Alec Lightwood. You never had to carry Max, did you."

"No. Thank The Angel!" Magnus said.

"Here you go," Isabelle said handing Clary a box.

"It's a good thing you let us know this one's gender Clary," Simon said, "Otherwise poor girl probably would have got some hand me downs from Randall."

"Her and Jace still won't let us know the girl's name," Jocelyn said.

"It will be a surprise," Jace laughed.

Clary opened up and box and pulled out a cute pink and purple polka dotted onesie, "Aw, thank you guys."

"So presents are the key to keeping pregnant Clary happy," Alec said.

"Alexander," Magnus said, "I wouldn't push her. She is still a Shadowhunter."

"I know Magnus would save you if I stabbed a dagger into your neck," Clary said.

"Okay!" Alec said, "Here." He offered her another box. "This is from Magnus and I."

Clary opened the box and pulled out some little bow clips.

"Alec wouldn't let me buy her eyeshadow so I figured bow clips were the next best thing to make her looks fabulous."

"Thanks guys, is that everything?" Clary asked.

Isabelle looked around, "That's it."

"Do you want me to get the cake Clary?" Luke asked.

Clary nodded, "Thank you Luke, can you cut slices for everyone?"

"Sure thing Clary, Jocelyn? Can you help?"

"I'll help too," Jace said.

Jace, Jocelyn, and Luke got up and left the room.

"Isabelle, I'm going to have to thank your mom so much because she is a miracle worker watching five kids," Clary said.

"You know how you could thank her?" Isabelle said, "By telling me baby girl's name."

Clary laughed, "That's funny Isabelle."

"It was a good try," Simon said.

"If we guessed it, would you tell us?" Magnus asked.

Clary shook her head, "No and it's not like you would guess it anyway."

"You are the worst Clary," Simon said.

"LIke you guys told us Mackenzie's name before she was born?" Alec asked.

"Way to throw us under the bus Alec," Isabelle said.

"Cake time!" Jace cried as Luke, Jocelyn, and him came back into the room. Jace handed a slice to Clary, and Isabelle. Luke passed one to Magnus and Alec and Jocelyn handed one to Simon.

"Thank you!" Clary said.

"Nice on the pink cake being flavored chocolate," Magnus said, "What a flavor shock."