Epilogue: 21 Years Later

Jace Daniel Rosewright landed gracefully into a crouch causing the chain with the ring around his neck to bounce softly against his chest. He paused in the crotch for a second before he slowly got to his feet, "So," He said, "How'd I do?"

"Seven point six."

Jace brushed his deep red hair out of his face, "Come on."

Magnus waved his hand, "Young Shadowhunter, I deal with magic. Not this fighting."

Jace walked across the room and slid his sword into the slot in the wall for it, "Magic is used for fighting Uncle Magnus."

Magnus rolled his eyes, "I'm not your Uncle, I'm your great, great, great Uncle."

"It's just easier to say Uncle," Jace responded, "But that's not why you are here, is it?"

"Nope," Magnus said, "I came to bring you to New York, a right your great, great grandparents wanted you to have as a special twenty-first birthday present."

"What about Mandy?" Jace asked.

Magnus shook his head, "Your sister, and your distant cousins from Isabelle, Simon, my Max and Rafael, not that you asked, are not twenty-one yet. You get this special present all by yourself. Some of them will not be that lucky."

"Will Max be coming?" Jace asked.

Magnus laughed, "No he is quite busy dealing with Keke's new child or someone''s new kid. This family tree makes my head hurt."

Jace nodded, "It makes my head hurt too. I'm pretty sure the only reason anyone connects me back to Jace and Clary is my name."

Magnus laughed, "That and you have the perfect attitude mix somewhere between Clary and Jace, and I would be the one to know." Magnus rolled his eyes, "I spent some time saving their butts from a demon dimension."

"I thought Simon sacrificed for everyone to get out of there, you included?"

"Shh!" Magnus said, "You will distract me from making this portal and then your top half

will end up in Spain and the bottom half on the moon."

"The moon?"
"SHHH!"

Jace tucked his hand in his back pockets and watched as Magnus went to work on making the portal.When he was done he turned to Jace, "Ready?"

"Yep."

"After you Jace Junior," Magnus said.

Jace laughed and stepped through the portal. For a second he felt like was falling, but then the floor came up to meet his feet and by the time he gained his balance, Magnus was standing beside him.

"You okay?"

Jace nodded and looked around, "Wait where are we?"

Magnus shook his head, "The glitter doesn't give it away? This is my loft."

"Your loft? But you don't even live in live in New York anymore."

"Young Jace. I have many house in many places. New York is just one of them. Beside this loft is famous. If I gave it up, I wouldn't be Magnus anymore."

"Why'd you portal us here?" Jace asked as he looked around the loft.

Magnus slapped his hand away from some books, "Do NOT touch! My loft is famous to New York. Clary came here from a young age. Back then it was to have her memories erased. Then she came for a party with Alec and Jace and Isabelle and Simon in toe." Magnus smiled, "Young Alec was the only reason I even listened to her request."