Chapter Twenty-One: 52 Years Old

"Aw! Amanda! She's so cute!" Johanna gushed to her baby sister.

Vance leaned over Johanna's shoulder to look at the baby in her arms, "Hey Cody, she looks like Amanda, you got lucky."

Amanda and Cody laughed, "You know Johanna you have to give her back."

"But she's so cute and I had two boys and now I'm too old and I don't want three kids," Johanna said, "No offense mom."

"None taken, but two things. Johanna you are only twenty-nine. And I just had major flashback from when you were born Jo. Iz didn't want to hand you back to me either," Clary said.

"Aw," Johanna said, "I love Aunt Iz."

Amanda nodded, "Now can you let me have Zoey back?"

"I guess," Johanna smiled and handed Zoey over to Amanda.

"Don't worry Johanna, I'll let you hold this one when he is born," Victoria said resting her hands on her stomach.

"Have you picked out a name?" Cody asked.

Victoria nodded, "We are going to name him Elwood."

"Elwood," Jace said testing the name, "I like it. It's interesting, where did that come from?"

"My great, great, great grandfather was named Elwood," Victoria said.

Jace nodded, "Just keep reminding your kids that Jace is a great name for their future kids."

Clary rolled her eyes, "There can only be one Jace. The world will explode if there is another."

"At least I'm too old to handle it now," Jace said.

Johanna laughed, "I feel like the world has failed me as a Shadowhunter. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace. The demons are still too afraid to mess with us and no Angels have had to be called. No one is going crazy on a hunt for the Mortal Cup, because we know where it is. It's boring."

"We would have taken 'boring' for anything," Clary said.

"Yet if it had been boring, would you and dad have gotten together?" Amanda asked.

Clary took Jace's hand, "I hope so."

Vance laughed, "If their lives had been normal dad would have been raised by his right parents who were Grandma's friends, dad and mom would have met."

"But who would have been mom's dad if everything was normal?" Johanna asked.

"You three are over thinking this," Jace said, "The world happened like it happened and I wouldn't change it for anything."

Vance nodded, "I hear you dad," He wrapped his arm over Victoria, "Life is good."

Amanda let out a big yawn.

"And that's our que to leave," Johanna said.

"Oh no you don't have-" Amanda started but as she did she yawned again.

"Exactly," Clary said kissing her on the forehead, "I love you Amanda. Love you Zoey." Clary hugged Cody, "We will come back later, after she and Zoey have napped."

Cody nodded.

Jace kissed Amanda and Zoey and then turned to Clary, Johanna, Danny, Victoria, and Vance, "Ready?"

"Yep," Johanna said, "Bye Amanda."

"Bye baby sister," Vance said.

"Bye guys," Amanda said.

The group headed out and once they were outside Clary squeezed her two other children and Victoria and Danny, "Love you guys. Victoria, Vance, call me the second baby Elwood is here."

"You got it mom," Vance said.

"Be good you two," Jace said hugging his kids.

"We aren't five anymore dad," Johanna said, "You don't have to tell us to be good."

I'm your dad," Jace said, "I'll keep saying it until I die."

"I love you dad," Johanna laughed.

"I love you too Jo," Jace said.

"Well, I guess we should be heading out," Clary said.

"Us too," Victoria said.

"We have to go pick up Danny and Wally from Max before they drive him up a wall and Max sends them to another dimension or something," Johanna said.

"We dropped Sofia off with Randall and Opal," Vance said, "They wanted to see what it would be like to have two kids. Also if Ozzie would be okay with a girl incase they decide to have another and their kid is a girl."

"Go," Jace said, "Go then! Get your children before they cause trouble."

"Bye dad! Bye mom," Johanna said, wrapping her arm through Danny's.

"Bye!" Vance.

The siblings headed off together.

"Are you ready to go home?" Jace asked Clary.

"Yes," Clary said, "but I'll be counting down the seconds until we can go back to see Zoey."

"Oh no," Jace sighed, "You've got baby fever."

"She's so cute Jace!" Clary cried.

Jace wrapped his arm around his wife, "I love you."

"I love you too," Clary said.

"Let's go home," Jace said,.

Clary leaned on him and they started to walk home together.

Another grandkid was there for Clary to love.

Five was a good number, but of course Clary would take as many grandkids as she could get.

Babies were very cute after all.

k