Chapter Forty: 88 Years Old - Levy's Wedding

"Stupid Magnus," Isabelle muttered as she worked on Levy's hair.

"Don't say that, he can probably hear," Clary laughed.

"I really like the flowers," Levy piped up.

Isabelle sighed, "Okay, I like them too, but they are kind of a pain to braid in your hair."

Viola, Johanna, and Kit, at that moment, busted into the room, "Okay so," Viola said, "We found Lucas's shoes as well as Clay's and Lysander's." She looked at Levy, "Dad is finishing up with the boys and then he will be here."

"Okay," Levy said.

Kit stood behind Isabelle and looked at Levy's hair, "That's so beautiful."

"Thank you," Iz said, "I am..." She twisted one last flower into Levy's hair, "DONE!"

"Thank you so much!" Levy said, "I love it."

"It looks beautiful," Johanna said, "You did a great job Aunt Iz."

"Thank you Johanna," Isabelle said, "Now if my hair skills aren't needed I am going to go take my seat and let the four generations of Clary have their time."

"We aren't her daughters," Kit said motioning to Viola, "We were lucky enough to marry her grandkids though."

Isabelle waved her hand, "Whatever. Same difference. Good luck Levy." She turned and disappeared out the door.

"We should probably get you in your dress," Viola said.

Levy stood up, "Okay."

Kit grabbed the dress bag and together, her, Viola, and Johanna helped Levy out of her clothes and into the dress. It had a deep sweetheart cut, but with golden laces sleeves draping off the shoulder. The skirt was full and covered in the same gold lace as the sleeves.

"You look beautiful Levy," Clary said.

Levy reached out and took Clary's hands, "Thank you."

Clary leaned forward and kissed Levy on the forehead, "Just remember. This family loves you so much. We would do anything for you sweet girl."

"Clary, came the second she heard you were born," Viola said, "Her and Jo cried so hard about you."

"To see you all grown up, breaks my heart," Johanna said, "In a good way."

Levy smiled, "I love you guys."

"Is it safe for dad to come in?" Spencer asked sticking his head in.

"Come on Spence," Johanna said.

Spencer came in, but stopped short, "Wow. Levy."

Viola went over to her husband, "That's our baby."

Spencer looked at Viola, "How'd we let her grow up so much?"

Kit laughed, "Well I guess we should get out of here."

Jo gave Levy one more kiss on the cheek, "Break a leg."

Clary wrapped her arm around Jo, "Come on." Her, Kit, and Johanna left the room and made their way to their seats.

"If they don't start this wedding soon," Jace said as Clary sat down, "I think Sam might pass out." He shot a look at Sam who was standing waiting.

"Oh stop," Clary said, "Like you weren't nervous when you married me."

Jace took her hand, "I knew you would come down the aisle to meet me. We had been waiting so long."

"Luke did offer to sneak me out the back," Clary laughed.