Chapter Thirty-Four: 73 Years Old

The next year without Jocelyn was hard.

    It was only four months after Jocelyn that Luke passed away. The whole pack came to his funeral. And even though it was sad, Clary knew that Jocelyn and Luke were together once again.

    Luke had died of a broken heart, Jocelyn was his love.

    Even with knowing that, Clary missed them at every turn. Lucas, who had been given his name for Luke by Spencer, did not quite understand why every time Clary saw him she teared up.

    Though there was some good news, Wally had announced that his wife, Kit, was expecting their second child.

    And so when the baby was born, Jace and Clary headed to go see Kit and Wally. Clary was excited because Wally and Kit had kept the baby's gender a secret from them.

    When Clary and Jace arrived they found Johanna, Spencer, Viola, and Danny pacing around.

    "Is the baby here yet?" Clary asked.

    Johanna nodded, "Yep! A silent brother is in there right now and then we go in."

    The door opened and a silent brother, dressed in his gray robes stepped out, "You may go in," He spoke into their heads.

    "Thank you," Johanna said and she held the door open, "Great grandparents first?"

    Clary took Jace's hand and stepped into the room.

    Where both of them gasped.

    Because Kit was not holding one baby, but two. "Twins!" Johanna gasped as she entered.

    Kit beamed, "Yep. One girl. One boy."

    Clary went over and hugged Wally, "I can't believe you kept this a secret from us!"

    "It was hard," Wally admitted, "But worth it."

    "So are you going to tell us their names?" Spencer asked

    Wally leaned over and lifted one baby from Kit's arms, "This is Clay. One letter off from Clary, but he's a boy so I don't think he will mind."

    Clary wiped away happy tears from her eyes, "Thank you so much Wally."

    "And," Kit said, "This is Jocelyn. Jocelyn the second to be totally correct."

    "You named her after my mom?" Clary asked, her voice wavering.

    "Well Spencer had already named a kid after Luke, so," Wally shrugged.

    Clary hugged him again, "Thank you so much Wally!"

    "You are welcome grandma," Wally said.

    "So when do I get a baby named after me? I mean Levy already has Clary's name as her middle name. Where is the Jace baby?"

    Wally shrugged, "Ask Sofia. Or one of my other cousins, because after changing double the diapers I can say Kit and I will be done with having babies."

    Kit nodded, "Yeah."

    "Can I hold her?" Johanna asked Kit.

    Kit smiled, "Sure," She gently passed Jocelyn to Johanna.

    "Hi sweet girl," Johanna laughed, "Oh you are beautiful."

    "You gave her a beautiful name," Jace said, "She's going to be a strong girl."

    "Do you want to hold Clay?" Wally asked Clary.

    Clary nodded and took him from Wally's arm, "Hi Clay. For the rest of your life, you will hear the stories of me and why you are named Clay. Just remember, living up to me isn't the goal, living your best life, is." Clary kissed the top of Clay's head.