Chapter Thirty-Five: 75 Years Old

"By the Angel," Simon said, "How do we keep track of them all?" He was referring to the lawn full of kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.

Clary laughed, "Somehow we did, we all managed to invite all them to your birthday party, old man."

"Who are you calling old man?" Simon asked.

"You," Isabelle said stepping up beside Simon, "or do we need to get you hearing aids?"

"I'm not that old, not yet," Simon smiled.

Isabelle looked out on the lawn of kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids, "At this rate we are going to need a bigger yard."

"How many of us are there now?" Simon asked.

"Fifty six, counting us and baby Scarlet who is our youngest member," Isabelle said.

"Whose baby is she again?" Clary asked.

"Aiden's. So she's Alec's and Magnus's great granddaughter," Isabelle said.

Clary shook her head, "Elwood and Zoey are married with no kids yet. Matthew, Wyatt, and Bella have yet to get married. I am going to be drowning in great grandkids and then you and Simon's kids, grandkids, and great grandkids plus Magnus and Alec. This is so much."

"But we love them all," Isabelle said.

"Uncle Simon!" Amanda called, "Are you going to come let us sing happy birthday to you?"

"I guess that is my cue," Simon said.

"Come on old man," Isabelle said, she wrapped her arm through his and lead him over to the table. Clary followed behind.

"And a one, two, three," Magnus said.

And so all fifty six people, or those who could talk, all sang happy birthday to Simon. Simon smiled and leaned over his cake.

"Yay!" Clary said, "Now Magnus do your thing, because this cake is WAY to heavy for someone to carry and cut."

"Coming up biscuit," Magnus said. He snapped his finger and the cake disappeared and one slice appeared for everyone on their plate.

"Uncle Magnus," Vance said, "You are the coolest."

"I can do the same thing," Max muttered.

Gabe and Paige, now thirteen, rolled their eyes, "Dad. Stop you're embarrassing."

Uriel laughed, "Oh no. How terrible, your dad is embarrassing."

Paige looked at Magnus, "Grandpa. Help."

Magnus leaned over and ruffled her hair, "No can do Paige. They are your dad and papa, you have to live with them."

Simon laughed, "I had almost forgot, this family has a way of stealing the spotlight."

Isabelle shrugged, "I mean what did we think would happen as our family has grown so much."   

"I remember when I was the baby of all of us," Amanda said, "I used to be special."

"No, you weren't. You were annoying and still are," Vance said.

Johanna threw her arms overs her brother and sister, "Aw. Aren't you two cute. Thinking you are special."

Mackenzie smirked, "If anyone is special here, it's me, I was the first kid to continue to our family's blood line."

Clary laughed, "She is your daughter Iz."

Isabelle leaned over and gave her daughter a hug, "What can I say us girls know we are important."

"Aw thanks mom," Mackenzie said.