Chapter Six: 26 Years Old

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Johanna! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

Jace quickly brushed back Johanna's hair as she leaned over the cake, Clary leaned too and blew out the three candles with her.

"YAY! Happy Birthday Johanna!" Magnus cried.

Clary picked up the cake, "Anyone want some?"

"Me!"Johanna cried.

"Of course sweetie," Jace said, "Mom was asking for everyone else."

Johanna looked over her shoulder to Jocelyn and Luke, "Grandma? Grandpa, do you want cake?"

Jocelyn smiled, "I would love some."

Magnus smirked, "I'm just wondering if we should take cake from the pregnant lady."

Clary glared at him, "Don't test me."

Isabelle rolled her eyes, "Clary. I thought we warned you about two kids."

"Yeah," Simon said as he bounced the couple month old, Randall.

Mackenzie, now four, pulled on her mom's hand, "Mommy do I get cake?"

"Yes, just let Aunt Clary cut it first," Simon told her.

"Four kids in total in just a couple months," Magnus sighed, "This is too much."

"I'll never understand how mom raised three of us and then added Jace," Alec said.

"That's why she screamed all the time," Isabelle said.

Clary cut the cake into slices and set the first one in front of Johanna, "Happy birthday sweetheart."

Johanna beamed.

Clary handed cake to the rest of the guest and then sat down at the table.

"So," Simon said as Johanna and Mackenzie went to town on their cake, "When do we get to know what this little Shadowhunter is?"

Clary sighed, "That's what Jace and I are fighting about."

"She wants it to be a big surprise at the baby shower, but if we can know now I want to know now," Jace said.

"Listen to Clary," Isabelle said, as she lifted Randall out of Simon's arm, "She's the one who has a baby on her bladder."

"I agree with Isabelle," Jocelyn said, "Your wife carries the baby, she gets to decide about the baby while she does."

"I'm the one who threw up for the first few months," Clary said.

"You are the one finishing carrying this baby in the hottest months of the year," Alec said.

"Do not remind me," Clary said. She forked a piece of cake and ate it.

"Mommy?" Johanna asked.

Clary looked at her, "Yes. Johanna?"

"Can I open gifts now?"

Clary nodded, "Go ahead."

For the next few minutes Clary and Jace watched as their daughter opened dolls, cute outfits, dress up stuff, and some art kits, "Incase she is going to be artist like Clary," Alec smiled.

"I'm going to play dolls with Mackenzie!" Johanna said, grabbing her new dolls up.

"Go ahead, sweetheart," Clary smiled.

Mackenzie and Johann ran from the room. Clary sighed and carefully got up from the table. Jace helped her up.

Isabelle gently placed Randall down in the high school that luckily Clary and Jace had kept even after Johanna had outgrown it.

"Do you need help cleaning up?" Isabelle asked.

"That'd be helpful. It's hard to clean when you are having a hard time seeing your feet," Clary said.

"I've got you Clary," Jace said. He reached around her and grabbed up the plates. He started to throw the paper plates away.

Clary smiled, "Thank you Jace."

"So," Simon said, "Even if the gender of baby number two is a secret, do you two have names picked?"

"We've talked some," Jace said.

"Both of us feel like we can't name him or her until we look at them," Clary finished.

"I had Randall picked out from the second I knew he was a boy, but I didn't know it would fit him until I held him," Isabelle said.

"What do you want baby number two to be?" Magnus asked.

Clary shrugged, "It doesn't really matter to me. I'll take a girl or a boy."

"Jace could you handle another girl?" Alec said, "I mean, I've seen Johanna put makeup on you. Johanna and a sister?"

Jace smiled, "I love Clary. I love Johana. I love our second child no matter what."

"Second and last," Clary said, "I can't take having a small body pushed on my bladder any longer."

Jace rested his hands on Clary's stomach, "Give your mommy a break!"

"Jace you can't forget that kid is half you. The chance that baby will listen to you is slim to none," Luke said.

"I'm not sure what you mean by that," Jace laughed.

Under his hands the baby kicked, "Now you've stirred him, her up," Clary said.

Jace leaned up and kissed Clary, "Sorry, love."

Clary sighed, "I'm going to go to the bathroom and when I come back, I figured we could let Johanna and Mackenzie play pin The Mortal Cup on the Angel."

Simon laughed, "Is that suppose to be the Shadowhunter way of pin the tail on the donkey?"

"I wanted stab the knife into the demon, but Clary said that was too violent," Jace said.

Clary got up from the table, "I'll be right back, I'll get Mackenzie and Johanna while I'm at it."

Clary left the room and came back a couple minutes later with the girls. They were then blindfolded and let loose. The adults watching as they tried to get the 'cup' on the right spot.

Jace sat down beside Clary and wrapped his arm over her, "So," He whispered, "Did you know I love you?"

Clary looked at him, "I figured."

Jace smiled, "Thank you Clary."

"For what?"

"For being my wife, for Johanna, for this little stinker." Jace placed his hand on her stomach.

"You took part in all those things too," Clary said.

"But, without you they wouldn't had happened."

Clary smiled, "Where would I be without you Jace?"

"I'm not sure, but then again I don't know where I'd be without you."

Clary kissed him, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"But seriously," Clary said, "After this kid, no more. My bladder doesn't even exist anymore."

Jace laughed, "Okay. Okay! But for the moment let's celebrate the daughter we have."

"Of course."

Clary and Jace spent the rest of the afternoon surrounded by their family and friends, celebrating their beautiful daughter.

Author's Note: Before anyone says anything, I fudged some time around. Just don't think too hard about it and just enjoy!

Also if you like this story you can check out my other Clace Fanfiction and you should check out some of my original writing!