Chapter Thirty: 63 Years Old

"Mom!" Clary said, "Please be careful!"

    Jocelyn glared at her daughter, "I fought in two wars, was kidnapped by a murderer, and you are worried about me walking up these stairs?"

    Clary glanced at Luke for help.

    Luke laughed, "Jocelyn, she is your daughter she is suppose to worry."

    "Why isn't she screaming at you?" Jocelyn asked.

    "Because I am a werewolf," Luke said.

    Jace laughed from the top of the stairs, "Or because she loves Jocelyn more."

    Clary rolled her eyes and went up the rest of the stairs, "I still don't understand why Max had to take after Magnus and have the biggest house with these stupid fancy stairs."

    "Let a man live his dream," Jace said wrapping his arm around her."

    "I agree," Jocelyn said as she and Luke reached the top, "Now come on, knock on that door, I want to see Paige and Gabe."

    Paige and Gabe were one year old twins whose mom had died in childbirth and then their father had died taking on rouge vampires. Max and Uriel had stepped in and adopted them.

    Jace knocked on the door and a few seconds later Uriel pulled it open, "Jace! Clary! Luke! Jocelyn! Welcome."

    Jocelyn, immediately tuned to the baby in Uriel in arms, "Hi! Is this Paige?"

    Uriel beamed, "Yes."

    "Hi Paige," Jocelyn said lifting her out of Uriel's arms.

Uriel backed up, "Come on in everyone, Gabe is with Max."

They all piled inside and Uriel lead them into the living room.

"Aw so I see Jocelyn has already kidnapped our child," Max said as Jace, Clary, Jocelyn,

Luke, and Uriel came into the room.

    "You might not get her back," Rafael laughed.

"She is very cute," Jocelyn said.

"You cannot keep her Jocelyn," Magnus said from beside his son.

"Hello Magnus," Luke said, "And I wouldn't test her."

"Babies are her weakness," Clary said, "If Valentine had just piled babies on her, she

would have never fought back."

    "Would you like to trade?" Max asked.

    "Yes!" Jocelyn said.

    They traded off Gabe and Paige.

    "So should I ask where Iz is?" Jace asked.

    Alec from the other side of Max shrugged, "She said she was coming, so did all the kids who I don't have the time or energy to list."

    As if that was a cue, the doorbell rang.

    "I'll get it," Clary said before anyone could move. Clary headed back through the house and to the front door.

    "You aren't Max," Isabelle said.

    "I'm not?" Clary asked.

    "Hi Clary," Simon said pulling her into a hug.

    "I'm glad someone is excited to see me."

    "I'm excited to see you," Isabelle said, "You are just not who I expected."