Chapter Eleven: 33 Years Old

Clary and Jace stood on the front lawn of the Herondale Manor watching Johanna, Vance, and Amanda run around. The now ten year old, seven year old, and four year old played tag together happily while waiting on guest to arrive.

Jace reached over and took Clary's hand. Clary looked at him, "How much longer until they get here?"

Jace shrugged, "I don't know. I kind of thought Alec would get Magnus to portal him and Max here."

Clary looked away from Jace and back to her children. Johanna spirited her, long legs carrying her far from Vance, as she glanced back and her curly blonde hair bounced, she laughed.

Vance paused the brush his red hair out of his hair and address the situation. He was a planner. Then he zigzagged to the left to catch his sister.

Amanda, whose short legs prevented her from being able to keep up sometimes, stomped her feet, "Johanna! Vance!" Her little strawberry blonde pigtails bounced with the stomp.

Vance bumped Johanna, "You are it!"

Johanna rolled her eyes and ran back to Amanda and tagged her, "You are it!"

"Aren't kids cute?" A voice asked right in Clary's ear.

Clary pulled a dagger from her belt loop and almost hand it in Magnus's neck before she realized who he was, "Magnus! By the Angel, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"And you almost stabbed me in front of Blueberry," Magnus nodded to his son who had joined the game of tag.

"He means, sorry he scared you, but thanks for not stabbing him," Alec said.

Clary stuck the dagger back in her belt and Magnus shrugged, "What he said."

"What took you so long?" Jace asked.

"Are we late?" Alec asked, "Because I do not see our sister or Clary's parents or Simon for that matter."

"The Alec Lightwood sass never dies does it?" Jace asked smirking.

"It does not, I spend every day with it," Magnus said.

Alec shook his head, "Okay! Okay! Do I get it's a nice to see you Alec. Wow Alec your sweater doesn't have holes in it? How are you Alec?"

Clary laughed and hugged him, "It is nice to see both of you and of course Blueberry."

"Who appears to be cheating at tag," Magnus muttered.

The group turned and looked, Vance came running towards Blueberry who smirked and suddenly Vance was stuck.

"Max! Son! Play fair!" Alec called.

"He's turning into a soccer mom," Clary whispered.

"What?" Jace asked.

Clary shook her head.

Blueberry let Vance go and took off running.

"So when are the others getting here?" Magnus asked.

"Your guess is as good as ours," Clary said, tucking her hands into the back of her jeans.

"You know," Magnus said, "I guess now."

Clary turned and at the same time Magnus had, spotted the horses.

Simon and Isabelle came over the hill each riding a horse. Hanging on to Isabelle was Mackenzie and Simon had Randall.

"Isabelle! Simon!" Clary called.

Isabelle and Simon stopped their horses and climbed off. The kids stopped playing tag to watch. Simon helped Randall off the horse and Mackenzie ignored Isabelle's hand and jumped off herself.