Chapter Thirty-Two: 68 Years Old

Clary sprinted ahead of Jace, "Keep up old man!" She called.

"Who are you calling old man?" Jace asked, "Aren't you sixty-eight."

Clary rolled her eyes and stopped a few feet in front of Jace, "At your pace Maria will not only be back from her honeymoon but she will have a kid. Wally will be married and gone all before we get to Spencer's house."

    "Wally would not have his wedding without us," Jace said catching back up to Clary, "We are his favorite grandparents. Danny's parents are lame and didn't fight in the war."

    Clary rolled her eyes, "Come on Jace. My first great grand baby is in there."

    "Levy isn't suddenly going to be eighteen if we walk a little slower," Jace said, "I really do not need the embarrassment of needing a hip replacement. Alec would never let me live it down."

    "Levy," Clary said, "What a cute little name."

    "When do we get a kid named after us?" Jace asked.

    "Levy's middle name is Clarissa," Clary said, "I told you that."

    "Yeah, but I meant me. I mean I'm Jace. If they had made a calendar of the twelve hottest Shadowhunters, I would have been all twelve."

    They reached Spencer's front door about that time and Clary rang the doorbell, "Yeah right," Clary snorted.

    Jace opened his mouth to make a smart remark, but the door open.

    "Hi mom. Hi dad," Johanna said.

    "Johanna!" Clary said, pulling her oldest daughter in for a hug, "Hi."

    Johanna hugged her and then Jace and stepped back so they could come inside, "Come on. Grandma and Grandpa are already here and so is Amanda, Cody, all their kids, Wally, Kit, Vance, Victoria, and then their kids of course. Danny is here too.'

    Clary and Jace followed Johanna through the house and into the living room.

    "Mom!" Amanda cried getting off the sofa, "Dad!"

    "Hi Amanda," Jace said hugging her.

    "Hi," Clary said.

    "Hi guys," Vance said coming up behind Amanda and hugging them.

    "You must be Wally's grandparents," A girl, tall skinny, and with waist length black hair said from across the room. She stood close to Wally.

    "And you must be Kit," Clary smiled, "Wally has told us all about you."

    "Grandma," Wally muttered.

    "You are too late Clary," Luke said, "Your mom and I already embarrassed him."

    "Aw man," Clary laughed.

    "Uh," Spencer cleared his throat, "I thought we were here for me."

    "Actually," Danny said, "We are here for your daughter."

    "Levy," Viola said looking up, "Viola Clarissa," She smiled at Clary.

    "It's an honor," Clary said.

    "Can I hold her?" Vance and Victoria's oldest daughter Sofia, spoke up.

    "Of course Sofia," Spencer said, handing over his newborn to the eighteen year old.

    "Don't drop her," Elwood, Sofia's sixteen year old brother said, "You'll give her brain damage."