Chapter Thirty-Nine: 86 Years Old

Viola, Spencer, Johanna, Danny, Clary and Jace, were sat on the sofa and chairs in front of a smiling Sam.

    All of them, had their mouths wide open.

    "You want to what?" Spencer asked.

    "Ask Levy to marry me," Sam said, "I know she's only eighteen, but it will take a couple years to plan the wedding. We can get married when she's twenty!"

    Viola looked at Spencer and shrugged, "I like Sam. He's a good kid. A good shadowhunter."

    "Mom dad?" Spencer asked Johanna and Danny.

    "She's your daughter," Danny said. He looked at Sam, "but I trust you. Plus you've heard all the threats already. You know if you hurt Levy she can ask Magnus to teleport you somewhere far, far away."

    Sam nodded.

    Johanna smiled, "I'm good with that. Mom? Dad?" She asked Clary and Jace.

    Clary looked at Jace, "I mean we were basically together for as long as Sam and Levy have been and our marriage hasn't fallen apart."

    "And I had to ask a werewolf for permission," Jace shook his head.

All eyes turned back to Viola and Spencer. Viola reached out and took Spencer's hand. "We have to let her grow up sometime."

Spencer turned back to Sam, "Welcome to the family Sam."

    That had been weeks ago and it was finally the day Sam was going to propose to Levy.

    Clary and Jace were hiding in a bush, watching. Since there was not enough nature to hide the whole family. Levy's brother Lucas was invited along with Viola, Spencer, Wally, Kit, Johanna, Danny, Isabelle, Simon, Magnus, and Alec. They all hid in bushes or trees nearby too, wearing their runes for silence.

    "Oh look here they come!" Clary whispered to Jace.

    In the clearing in front of them Sam and Levy appeared. "Wow," Levy whispered, "It's beautiful out here."

    "I actually found it chasing a demon, believe it or not," Sam said.

    Levy laughed,  "I believe it. Thanks for this Sam. I feel like we haven't been on a proper date without my family in awhile. They are also having parties or anniversaries," She sighed.

    Sam glanced over her shoulder and to the tree where her parents were hiding, "Yeah, but they are really cool. I like hanging out with your family."

    "You say that because you didn't grow up with them," Levy took his hand.

    "Okay maybe I like them because it means I get to hang out with you," Sam laughed.

    "I love you," Levy said.

    Sam brushed her hair out of her face, "I love you too." He leaned down and kissed her.

    Levy smiled and turned to look out on the clearing, "It's amazing what can come out of the bad," She said.

    Sam nodded, "Yeah. Your great grandparents had your grandparents who had your parents who had you. You are alive because people fought The Great War."

    Levy nodded without turning around, "We are all alive because they fought. You wouldn't be here if all Shadowhunters had gotten killed off."

    Sam reached into the pocket of the pants he was wearing. He slowly pulled out a ring box.

    Clary reached over and squeezed Jace's hand.

    Sam, without saying a word, lowered himself to one knee. Levy did not turn around.