Chapter 1- New Beginnings

Keegan's picture ------->

 CHAPTER ONE:

“And how are you this fine evening, Mrs. Walters?”  Dr. Keegan Lucas greeted one of his patients as he was doing his medical rounds in the pack hospital. 

“Dr. Lucas!  You are as handsome as ever.”  The woman in her 70’s cooed and attempted to bow before her alpha.

“It’s perfectly alright not to bow Mrs. Walters for I know perfectly well how much you adore me.”  Keegan playfully quips.

“Oh I do, young man.  And you are perfect!  I just wish I can see you married and settled before I meet the Luna Dea in the next life.”  Her frail hand pats his on the side of the bed.

Yes, that was the only one missing in his life, a Luna by his side.  Keegan Lucas was grateful to his father to have agreed that he finishes his degree as a doctor before taking over as alpha.  Crimson Hollow pack was one of the stronger packs in Arcadia.  A small town, west of Wellstown.  The countryside provided a safe haven for the weres.  Enough protected place to shift and let their wolves run free.  It has a vineyard and organic farm that provides livelihood to most of the pack members.  It was a thriving town thanks to his ancestors.  He came from a lineage of powerful and astute alphas.  He was the only one who put his foot down and decided to be a doctor.  The pack elders were adamant about him taking over as alpha since balancing pack business and becoming a doctor may lead him to make unwise decisions.  He knew better how to manage without them breathing on his neck.  He vowed that he would do anything and everything to protect his pack – his family.

A cold hand touched his clean shaven face.  With a silent prayer to the Luna Dea, Mrs. Walters hoped for her alpha’s happiness.  “I pray you find her, alpha.”

He held her hand on his face and said, “I sure hope so ma’am.  Now sleep so you can wake up to a new day.  Do you need your sleepies?”  He was writing his notes on the chart while waiting for her response.

“No, alpha.  I will sleep just fine.”  Mrs. Walters closed her eyes with a knowing smile on her face.

“Good night, Mrs. Walters.”  Keegan handed over the chart to Nurse Robbins who has been eye f*cking him the whole time they were in the room.  Sure they had a history but it was nothing serious.  Like any man in his late twenties, at the age of 29, he had a lot of energy to burn, wild oats to sow but it was just sex.  He can’t wait to meet ‘the one’ who he was willing to spend the rest of his life with, to bear his pups and grow old together. Emma Robbins is certainly not the one.

“Nurse Robbins!”  He hissed.  “Are there anymore patients left for rounds?”

“Uhmm, no Keegan.  We are free for the night.  Do you wanna swing by my place, blow off some steam?  I’ll make it good like I always do.”  She threaded her manicured fingers from his chest to the waist band  of Keegan’s scrub bottoms making a direction down south.

Keegan quickly grabbed her hand with a stern warning. “You are to address me as Dr. Lucas.  And stop playacting like there is something special between us.  You were a good lay and that was all.  So keep your hands to yourself.”  And he walked off.

Emma sure was eye f*cking him inside the room.  He was too delicious for words.  His broad shoulders and toned muscles left her drooling.  The feel of his tight abs caused her to feel wet and needy even frustrated.  Dr. Keegan Lucas was the man of her dreams, the star of her wet dreams.  A good lay was all she was to him.  Women were silently praying to the Luna Dea that he doesn’t find his Luna so they could bag the prize of being claimed by him.  She vowed that it would be her and not some other bimbo in the pack.