Chapter 5 - Three for the Love of One

A picture of Carter Vargas ----->

CHAPTER FIVE: 

Carter was in the foulest of moods upon learning that Queran had been kept in maximum security.  Poor Enrique, the messenger, is surely nursing some broken bones after he threw him several feet in the air where he tore down a tree in the forest.   Carter hated failure.  He has no more recollection of the many faces whose lives he took; the worthless lives of those who can’t carry a simple instruction as seizing an injured slip of a girl.  He was driven and ambitious to a fault.  Right now, gaining a pack was unimportant, it was possessing Queran that has become his obsession.  Yes, it was a known fact that initially what drew him to her was to covet her unrivalled strength the wolf lore has foretold.   It was said that once claimed by an alpha, not necessarily her mate, that alpha male will possess whatever gifts she may have.  But in those years of careful planning, he was struck by her grace and beauty.  Her silky mahogany tresses that made him want to bury his fingers into them, grab them in the throes of climax.  And her hourglass figure, begging to be touched and caressed in the most primal of ways.  She was the star of his every wet dream.  He walked back to his desk and opened the dossier on the only woman who has invaded his every dream and every waking hour.  Photos upon photos of her enchanting face depicting all kinds of emotions from a laughing Queran, angry Queran, pouting Queran, deep in thought Queran and his favorite expression – the feisty looking Queran; all fell out of the folder.  He took his favorite photo and stared at it.  He snaked his hand down his trousers and clasped his budding erection.  He was mad, mad of want for this woman.  For years, he plotted on possessing Mikel’s pack, not for want of one but for the sole desire of possessing her.  He was 5 years her senior.  For years, he’d seen her grow into the most beautiful and passionate creature.  Her feisty attitude in protecting pups of her pack has been the major turn on for him.  He would slip into their territory and look at her for hours, until he could take no more and he had to meet Mikel on the pretense of joining his pack.  He was welcomed.  He luxuriated in her presence at every pack meeting and every special gathering.  Just looking at her interacting with the pups even in play has given him countless times of a hard on that he had to ease with a jerk of his callous hand.  For years he jerked himself off, waiting for that moment to claim her for himself.  Mate or not, she was going to be his.  Until he recalled Enrique’s report that had had his blood simmering to a boil and has led him to lash out at his beta.

“Alpha, it is the subject of gossip among the hospital staff that a certain Dr. Keegan Lucas, alpha to the Crimson Hollow Pack, has been in charge of her care and apparently claimed Queran as his m--mate.  Queran died in a matter of minutes but was miraculously revived after the claiming.  It was also said… that that she sh--shifted for the very first time and she is now recuperating in wolf form.  There are wolf guards on round the clock surveillance and alpha Lucas has not left her side since then.”

Within minutes, he managed to break the glass door of his study, shards of glass and wood shavings of his coffee table and cushion feathers lay at his feet.  Chest heaving, he was half shifted, his claws unsheathed and his fangs elongated.  He was losing it.  Marks can be erased.   He decided that if he wanted something done right, he will have to do it himself.  But first things first, he needed to replace his broken glass door, his couch and coffee table – again.

*****

A slobbering wet kiss had him awake in mere seconds.  Keegan stretched out his tired body and opened his eyes with a rather silly grin plastered on his face.  He would’ve loved waking up to Queran in human form but this was still close.  Queran’s wolf tilted her head to the side then stuck her tongue out like she was as excited as he was for waking up next to each other.