Chapter 32 - Afterglow

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: 

The alpha pair panted after miles of running.  The sun was about to set in the horizon.  It was exhilarating to run in their wolf form.  They decided to run to the pack house and check on everyone.  They were now treading along the bank of the lake when Queran suddenly halted at the sight of a beautiful structure that reminded her of their union.  She panned her gaze questioningly at Keegan and back at the sight of a beautiful cedar glass enclosed gazebo on the exact same spot where the make shift chuppah was, the night of the Nuptiis.  It was surrounded by half windows adorned with heavy curtains providing protection from the elements and enough privacy. The main door opened to the view of the lake.  It was breathtaking.  The inside was glowing with low burning candles that she was drawn to go take a peek.

“What’s wrong baby?  Are you sick?”  

“Since when did you have a gazebo built here, B?”  

“The day after the ceremony.  I thought I would like a cenotaph of that night you became mine.

“I never pegged you as sentimental but I love it. Can we go inside?”

“Not until we wash off the soot and blood from our bodies, baby. The cleansing after a blood lust has to be done in the lake to purify us.  I’ll get you out the moment you feel cold.”

“Ok, but we don’t have anything to wear or dry ourselves with.”

“Baby, you won’t need clothes with what I got planned for us.”

“Oh?  In that case, I need to eat first since we skipped meals earlier.  I’ll need the energy if I will be ravaged, you beast.”

“Damn right baby.  Ok here’s a good spot.  Shift back baby, I want to see you and touch you.”

They stood facing each other under a birch tree.  Their locked gazes turning their orbs into a glassy look full of love.  They conjointly howled to the moon that was slowly emerging from the horizon.  They circled each other playfully nipping at each other.

“Transeutur.”  Keegan boomed through the link.

The transition took place with a stream of illuminating rays of light seeping from their chest as they slowly phase taking the shape of their human naked forms.  The alpha in his muscled magnificence stood before his luna, his feet apart and balled his fists at his side.  He caressed her with his assessing glance from the crown of her hair to her shoulders, her full breasts down to her pubis and did a double take on the sight of her belly.  The bump was now obviously raised and his heart was making a beeline in his throat choking him with enormous pride.  He was transfixed on that part of her anatomy that is cradling and nourishing the next heir to the alpha of Crimson Hollow.

“What is it, B?”  Queran asked as she crossed an arm to cover her breasts and clenched her thighs.

 Not knowing what to say, he purposefully shortened the distance separating them and knelt before her, kissing her belly as he held her hips in both hands.  Queran’s fingers combed through his hair as he nipped his way upward and planted a kiss just below her ear. 

“You’re a beautiful sight to behold.”  He whispered. 

Queran shivered at how sexy his whisper sounded.  Hell, a whisper or a bellow is both sexy and a major turn on for her as long as it’s coming from him.  He interlaced his fingers with hers as he leads her toward the lake.  The water was unbelievably warm and as they reached to a waist deep level, Keegan cupped her face and kissed her passionately.  He motioned for them to slowly submerge their bodies cleansing them off from all the iniquities Carter Vargas has brought upon their lives.  They broke the kiss as they held their breath for a few seconds before slowly emerging from the water.  Keegan’s eyes were molten shade of deep sea blue held spellbound by her luminescent amber.  His big hands rubbed her skin gently erasing the traces of blood and Queran mirrored his ministrations.  She loved how the muscles on his chest contract beneath her fingers.  He sucks in a breath when she caressed lower to his toned abs and brushed against his splendid erection.   The wounds have healed and not a single scar marred his flesh.  She was astounded by his bravery.