Chapter 15 - Surprises and Contradictions

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: 

All things must come to an end.  Queran sighed as she prepped up the rest of their stuff for their trip back home.  They would’ve wanted to stay inside this little bubble of wedded bliss but Keegan had to go back and tackle the numerous tasks he had to fulfill being an alpha of one of the most stable packs in Arcadia, but also to look after his waiting patients.  She looked back into that moment some days back, the animated look on his face when he discovered one of the special gifts he now possesses soon after they fully mated.  It was admirably selfless of him to think how this discovery would benefit others more than how it would benefit him.  She was truly blessed.  She straightened her back from folding clothes that they hardly even used.  Her cheeks and her ears burned in shy memory of the many intimate moments they shared.  Keegan was a considerate lover and he fulfilled his promise that her needs came first.  She panned her gaze at all the corners and special places they consummated their mating.  This room held a lot of delicious memories that she wants to tuck in a special chamber in her mind and in her heart to remember.  Just this morning, they indulged in a bit of wild and rough mating in the shower.  That had been a spur of the moment thing because Keegan found himself alone in his bed and in his panic barged into the shower where she jumped in not long before.  She had always been the early riser.  Keegan took her against the wall and dug his claws deep into her hips that managed to break her skin.  She howled in pain but was soon rewarded with exquisite pleasure.  She felt his heart beat wildly as if he was going to lose her any moment.  She and only she had the power to calm his wolf.  True that there is a viable threat of Carter still on the loose.  It was still unknown to them why he was hell bent on finding her.  Keegan pleaded that she be guarded at all times and Tanner was going to be a permanent fixture in her daily activities.  He only trusted Tanner.  “I trust Tanner with my life as I trust him with yours.”  He relentlessly reminded her time and time again.  She was not going to be some pampered and bitchy Luna she used to associate with.  Defiance was never in her vocabulary but neither is stupidity and blind submission.  She was groomed to be a Luna, a life partner to the alpha; an equal and not an ornament in pack gatherings.  Her papa trained her well in self defense and was proficient in the use of the bow and arrow.  She smiled at yet an unknown fact about herself to her mate.  One day, she would impress him with her skill.  A sensual hand snaked around her midriff finding its way to squeeze a breast.  His playful and insatiable mate nipped at her ear and blew the bite and tongued it. 

“I want you again my little mate.”  He whispered.   His manly scent innately his, assailed her nostrils and a burning feel in her belly made her double over in pain.

“Arghh, Keegan.” 

“Baby, what’s wrong?”  A worried Keegan swept her up her feet and laid her gently on the bed.  She curled up like a ball with beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

“Baby, talk to me!  Where does it hurt?”  He framed her face with shaking hands.

“Just..Just give me a minute.”  She took deep breaths and exhaled through pursed lips.

“I’m fine.  I’m fine.  I must have been tired.”  She smiled tightly at him and brought her hand to his cheek.  He turned ashen and she had to kiss him to relax him.  “I’m fine, B.  Let’s go home?  Take me home.”  Keegan gave her a wary look but agreed just the same. 

“Were going home, baby.”

*****

Caitlin and Meg were busy bees preparing for the pack party to celebrate the alpha and luna’s homecoming.  Since the night of the ‘Nuptiis’ the couple had to leave sooner to complete the mating ritual.  The pack did not get the chance to mingle and meet everyone especially Queran.  So here they are being helped by all the women in setting up a barbecue party for them.   A wide array of baked goods and heaps of meat and sausages were now being grilled.  The men set up a marquee near the lake and there was going to be band music playing, games for the kids and soccer for the teen wolves.  The she-wolves were either swimming or playing volleyball.  It was going to be a fun filled afternoon and the couple is in for a surprise.