Chapter 29 - Taken

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: 

Keegan could stare at her all day and all night as she sleeps.  This woman had the most power over him; the power to hurt him immensely and the power to love him unconditionally.  After what happened the night before he was positively sure something broke between them.  The barrier of kept secrets, the niggling fear and sickening uncertainty was a meandering path that almost cost them the marriage they were in the delicate process of building.  There was nothing and there was no one that he would allow to ruin it.  He had no regrets spilling his guts out to this woman, and there was nothing he would not do for her.  He was his life, his entire universe.  He vows to erase every trace of pain he had caused her until he becomes worthy of her.  At least now, they can truly move forward without any cloud of doubt of their immense love for each other.  They were soon to become parents.  He yearned for a family he can call his own and he could not have found a more perfect partner than his mate.  He sighed deeply as he stroked her face.  He was memorizing every nuance, every expression, and every quirk of her beautiful face and body.  He drank her in as he was overwhelmed with such emotion that left him dizzy with rapture.

“How long have you been staring at me, B?  You’re beginning to creep me out.”  Queran chirped without opening her eyes and snuggled deep into his bare chest.  She openly breathed in his scent that made her weak in the knees and relaxed her.  He was like a potent drug that calmed her, consumed her.

“I can stare at you all the time and you would never hear me complain.  Waking up to you is the best part of every morning and coming home to you the best part at the end of each day.”  Keegan kissed her lingeringly on her sexily bruised lips.

“Thank you.” She said against his lips.

“For what baby?”

“For telling me the truth and trusting me with your past.”

“Oh baby.”  He held her in a bone crushing embrace.  “I was a fool to keep them from you.  It was wrong of me to think that I was protecting you by not letting you know. I never wanted to taint you with those memories and yet I still managed to hurt you.  I can’t have you hate me, baby. From now on, no more secrets because I can’t stand the pained look in your face that still haunt me in my sleep.  I love you with all that I am babe and I would never want us to ever go through that ever again.” He vowed.

“You can tell me anything, B.  Don’t forget that because I would surely do the same.  I’ve kept no secrets from you and my life is an open book to you.  But it’s all okay now, these things are all very new to us and these are just a part of the growing pains in a marriage.  Soon we are going to learn a new skill as parents and that alone thrills me.  Let’s just move on, okay?”

Keegan was rendered speechless like always and his face broke into a wide smile.

“What are you smiling about alpha?”

“Nothing.  How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?“

“Enough of the complements now, B.  It’s time to feed me and your pup.” She rubbed her tummy for emphasis.

“Oh – yes of course.  I’ll be right back.  Just stay there okay.”  Keegan pecked her lips and got off the bed and strode towards the bathroom butt naked. “Enjoying the view?”

Queran threw a pillow at a laughing Keegan.  She sure did enjoy the view as she smirked and slid down the bed, day dreaming about naked bums and babies.

*****

“Meg? Meg where are you?”  Caitlin called out from the doorway of the child care center.