Chapter 8 - Missing Piece

A/N:  As pinky promised, a new chapter to warm your hearts.  Please be warned that there are intimate scenes.  If you want the complete passionate affair, its on a separate book Restricted Chapters and is available to followers.

CHAPTER EIGHT: 

After a simple dinner of BLT sub, chips and soda, Queran and Keegan kicked back at the fire place, quietly staring at the tongues of fire dancing.  It was the only source of illumination and they were surrounded by complete darkness.  The sound of crickets and the hoot of an owl were the sounds that emanated from the pitch dark night.  Queran was leaning; her back to Keegan’s chest.  Keegan wrapped his arm around Queran’s shoulder and waist. 

No words could best describe how right it felt to have Queran in his arms, here in his home.  He enjoyed watching every play of emotion on her beautiful face, every touch of her graceful hands exploring every nuance of the interior.  He kept wishing, dreaming even, of how it would finally feel her hands touching him.  She was simply perfect.

“I wish time can just stop for awhile so I can hold you like this.”  Keegan nuzzled her neck, giving her little nips on her nape.  When he felt her shiver, he hugged her all the more tighter. 

Queran playfully made a choking sound. “C-can’t breathe, B.”

“Playful now are we, mate?”  Keegan tickled her side.  Queran yelped and struggled to get off but was tackled to the floor and was given the tickle punishment.  They were both laughing, leaving Queran breathless and tears coming out of her eyes.  Keegan was too strong for her so even as she struggled to escape, she was helpless. 

“Stop!! Please ahhhh.  B, noooo.”  She pleaded.  Keegan heeded her pleas and switched places with her, he was now lying on his back as Queran landed on his chest.  She stopped laughing at the sight of his sculpted chest.  His shirt fell open in the playful scuffle and her mouth watered.  He had the body of an Adonis.  She traced a dainty finger on his pecs and fanned her hands over his bicep.  She couldn’t help the magnetic pull to kiss him all over but she settled for a sweet peck on the tiniest show of skin on his chest.  Keegan’s hold on her hips slid down to her bum and he groaned in sweet torture.  That simple peck fanned the fiery furnace inside him.  He felt his wolf was coming out and unknowingly his claws dug into her skin, breaking the surface.

“B! B you’re hurting me?”  Queran was half shocked to see her mate’s eyes turn into the deep, deep blue almost black color. He was huffing and his canines were slowly erupting.  She knew his wolf was raging to come out, and it was a mistake to provoke him.   “B! Snap out of it, you’re hurting me!”

Keegan shook his head and immediately got up which threw Queran slightly and fell on her back with a loud thump.   “Shit!  Baby, are you alright?  I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”  He cradled her to his lap and rocked her comfortingly.  He felt something wet on Queran’s side and he saw blood oozing from a wound on her hip.  “Oh no, baby I--I hurt you.  I didn’t mean to.  Goddess, I’m an asshole.”  He grabbed the blanket and put pressure on her hip to stop the bleeding. “Hell! What have I done! Fuck baby I’m so sorry.”  He kissed her forcefully on her temple, still rocking her.  His hands were shaking.  He was losing it.

“Hey, hey B, look at me.”  Queran said softly.  But she could see that Keegan’s face paled and he wasn’t snapping out of it.  She belted. “KEEGAN, LOOK AT ME!”  Then she growled.

Keegan snapped out of his trance and looked her in the eye.  “Did you just use your alpha tone on me? Damn that was sexy baby.”

“Not funny B, will you stop fussing!  I’m healing already.  What the hell happened to you?  You scared the shit out of me, don’t ever do that again.”  She held his face on her palms.