Chapter 12 - The Nύptíís

This is the much awaited mating ritual.  If you want for maximum efffect, can play the video when they have their run.  The title is Sacred Lake.  Happy Reading.

CHAPTER TWELVE: 

For 3 days, Emma locked herself up in her room.  Her bruises healed but not her battered heart.  Another night fall had come, lying on her side in fetal position facing the bedroom window; she despaired.  She ignored her mother’s plea to eat or even go to work but what she felt right now was likened to a candle melting and the embers slowly dying.  The light from the wick would be snuffed out and darkness looms.  She shut her eyes as it pricked from the tears that were again threatening to fall.  She clutched her heart and whimpered.  A loud thud had her opening her eyes and seeing the silhouette of her mate sitting by the windowsill.  Her breath caught and her heart beat even faster, out of fear mixed with longing.  But she didn’t move a muscle.  She wiped her tears and snot with the sleeve of her shirt and whispered.   “Wh-what are you doing here?  Have I not been hurt enough by you?  Just kill me already because this..this mess I am in is getting me there fast enough.” 

Carter walked towards her bed and caressed her cheek.  “Is that a way to greet your mate, hmm?”  He leaned forward to kiss her cheek and inhaled her scent.  Emma’s treacherous body responded, her wolf whined in delight.  “Shh, I need you.  Let me make it better.”  He kissed her hungry lips and Emma kissed him with every morsel of emotion she possessed.  In minutes, she was beneath him naked and impaled by his possession.  He was gentle this time and she could only hope.  They need not be here to harm anybody.  They can just leave and be together.  Carter’s thrusts hastened in need and want.  Emma’s moans fuelled his resolve.   He was going to change tactics and win her over to set his plans in motion.  They both grunted as they reached their peak, his name lovingly rolled from her lips. He laid his head between her breasts and heard her sob.  He looked up to see her biting her lip as she suppressed the onslaught of more tears.  He wished the circumstances were different but his desire for Queran ran so deep it is eating at him, consuming him.  He stayed buried inside her and grabbed her as he lay on his back taking her with him.  He stroked her bare back and escaped back into his thoughts.

“I never even knew your name.”  Emma whispered to his chest.  “How can I not even know your name, you’re my mate!”  She gritted her teeth and faced him.  “We can get away from here.  Go somewhere I don’t care.  I can go rogue and be with you. Just, just take me with you. Please.”

In a flash, she was again pinned beneath him.  He growled and his canines partially erupted.  “I am NOT a rogue!  I’m an alpha!   And I am not LEAVING until I have her, you hear!  I am your mate and you will do as I tell you to do.” 

No, no! I knew this was all too good to be true.  She helplessly nodded and Carter loosened his hold.  She abruptly turned her back against him and shielded herself with the duvet.  She was torn between doing the right thing and tell Keegan of her perils or just leave this place and forget about this misfortune.    Either way, it will just be a matter of time before she dies from rejection.  She felt him move and he spooned her, but she was too exhausted to feel elated.  Her eyes grew heavy and she was almost dozing off when the last thing he uttered was. “Carter.  My name is Carter.”

*****

Queran was too restless to sleep.  She was already up at 5 am.  Not even being tucked warmly in Keegan’s bed engulfed in his loving embrace has done anything to soothe her warped nerves for the upcoming ceremony.  She gazed at Keegan, sleeping soundly beside her and smiled at his profile.  Long lashes curtained his eyelids, lips made for kissing, a pointed nose and powerful jaw.  She just drank him in and silently thanked the Luna Dea for bringing him into her life.  She took a deep clearing breath and silently slid out of the bed.  She walked into the closet to grab a pair of shorts and tank top then proceeded to change in the en suite bathroom.  She decided to go for a run.  She didn’t have the heart to wake Keegan up.  For the past few days, she convinced him to get back to his patients at the hospital.  He worked for long hours on end.  They both decided not to again be intimate because she wanted the mating ritual to be special for them.  Keegan is naturally a sensual being but he agreed to a few make out sessions just to keep the connection between them.  They were going to take off for a week and do like any newly married human couples do.  Go for their honeymoon.  They decided on a week at a log cabin in Canyon woods, south of Arcadia.